Otter Lake in Marshall's Creek, PA

Discussion in 'Camping Community Board' started by ftwildernessguy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ftwildernessguy

ftwildernessguy <font color=green>I have a linen closet at home fu

I am kicking around the idea of a week here. Anybody ever been? Any feedback?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

You got a link to a website??

4. ftwildernessguy

5. clkelley

clkelley <font color=purple>I squealed really loud!!<br><fo

Can we see it?? :badpc:

6. Pirate-Jeff

Pirate-Jeff DIS Veteran

7. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

It certainly sounds interesting! Where is it?

Oh, almost to NJ. Looks like a nice place! :cool1:

8. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

I would go there simply because of the name! Otter Lake!!! :lovestruc

9. ftwildernessguy

Man, you guys aren't helping me at all.

10. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

Wynnottah needs to go with you, Otto Sakima looks like quite the handsome otter!

11. wynottah

wynottah Loves Beer

Did someone call me & say "camping" in the same thread???? I'm ready to go...

[​IMG]

12. VACAMPER

VACAMPER <font color=blue>We make the kids walk and strap b

Wynottah, haven't seen you post in a couple of days. I was wondering if you were ok. Did you have a long night of beer drinking and peacock chasing?

13. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

That looks strangely familiar!

[​IMG]

14. njcamper95

njcamper95 Mouseketeer

I have been to otter lake several times very good fishing and sites were pretty good some are a little tight but there is alot of stuff to do in the area pocno candle , gocarts, auctions ,etc we loved it not disney but a lot closer for us here in NJ i would recommend it just have to watch the tight spots we needed to move the camper back and forth to get slide out and awning first the slide out was fine but not the awning then awning was fine but not slide out after some fine tuning we got it and did i mention good fishing
    if you go to this camp just one note once you get off the main highway go slow the turn comes up qiuck and the road gets narrow and has some sharp bends and some hills then the camp sneeks up on you but worth the trip just proceed slow once off the highway and bring your fishing gear

15. loriandmatt

loriandmatt DIS Veteran

checking in late on this one as i was in WDW for a few weeks.....we have camped at otter lake and loved it. they have some very nicely wooded sites, a great lake for fishing and lots of trails for walking and bikes that wind thru the woods. very relaxing. i think they even had an indoor pool complex with hot tubs (in addition to their outside pool) nothing fancy with the bath houses and pool, but they were clean and did the trick.

very near bushkill falls. (that place is pricey to get into, but great if you are up to hiking and checking out some waterfalls.)

we had a friendly skunk waddle thru our site one night. no one moved an inch!

- lori

16. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

Do they still put those cardboard bumper stickers on your car whilst you are at bushkill falls?

17. loriandmatt

loriandmatt DIS Veteran

Crap! - feebees and i didn't get one.....nope, no cardboard bumpersticker for us. what where they advertising?

they do have a cool place where you can pan for gems though. you buy a bucket of dirt and rocks and then sift it thru this very cool water system and see if your bucket had a gem of some sort. kids loved it. a nice indian culture display too. DS was just learning the same thing in school when we visited and was all into telling us what everything was before we got to read the display.

18. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

They used to, back in the 70's, go around and put this like cardboard bumper sticker thing for bushkill falls on all the bumpers while you were in the park..... now that most cars don't have bumpers that allow that, i guess they stopped doing it.