Ot ~ What's your go to crockpot meal?

2Tiggers

DIS Veteran
With school approaching our schedules tend to get busier! So that got me thinkinng about starting to use my crockpot. I don't really having any great recipe for the crockpot and I was hoping we could all share some go to recipes you use for the crockpot.

Here are mine. I know it's not much that's why I started this thread to get some ideas...

Cook chicken breast or pork loin in seasoned water. When done shread and poor bbq sauce on. Serve on buns.

Make spagetti sauce in the morning and let it simmer all day.

And lastly maybe a roast but dh tends to do this.

That's basically all I have so what are your go to crockpot recipes?

Chicken breasts and a jar of salsa. Once it's done shred it, put it on a tortilla and add cheese. Super simple.

Taco soup

1 can tomato juice
1 can each whole kernal corn, red kidney beans, and your choice of another bean, all drained
1 can pork and beans, undrained
1 package dry taco seasoning
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder, adjust to your liking
1 lb gr beef
1/2 onion, diced

Brown beef and onion. Add this and all other ingredients to crockpot. Low for 4 hr.

I like because becasue there is very little measuring, mainly "throwing stuff" in. And if I choose, can eyeball the brown sugar.

Top with sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, or your choice, and tortilla chips.

Just be prepared for lots of bathroom trips:rolleyes1

chicken (i use boneless, skinless thighs), a carton chicken stock, season with garlic powder and onion powder, one can chicken broth, add water until level is good. Cook on low all day. 30 minutes until dinner time, use pre-broughy refrigerated biscuit dough (pillsbury buttermilk, etc) and pinch off the biscuits and add to pot. Stir and cover for about 5 minutes. Delicious chicken and dumplings!!

pork roast, 12-20 ounces of root beer. Let cook on low all day. Remove roast, drain out root beer. Put roast back, add bbq sauce, and shred it up. Let it sit for a few minutes on warm. Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite cole slaw on top of the shredded pork.

Marinate chicken in a bottle of teryaki (sp?) sauce. Kroger has a great bottled one that says it's a 30 minute marinade. I always leave them over night. Then add the chicken with a little marinade into the crock pot in the morning and cook on low all day. Serve with veggies!

Spread an envelope of onion soup mix in bottom of crockpot. Lay a pork roast on it (3#ish). Squish a can of cranberry sauce on it. Let it cook!
You can thicken the liquid after you take out the roast with a little flour and water for gravy.

Well this one is simple but we love beans and rice. My favorite is lima beans and then all I have to do is put on a pot of rice or cornbread to go with it. My husband loves blackeye peas with rice. Chili of course is another easy one for the crockpot.

Spread an envelope of onion soup mix in bottom of crockpot. Lay a pork roast on it (3#ish). Squish a can of cranberry sauce on it. Let it cook!
You can thicken the liquid after you take out the roast with a little flour and water for gravy.

I am going to try this one!

My favourite meal, period, is pork roast in the crock pot. I use a some Lemon Garlic Pepper simmering sauce (the brand is Renee's, but it is only available in Canada...perhaps you have something similar there). I put in a frozen boneless pork loin, about 2-2.5 lbs, and pour some of the finishing sauce on top (maybe a third of a cup) and let it cook on high for about 4 hours or so. If I cook it during the week, I put it on the "keep warm" setting of the crock pot for the whole day. I pour the drippings into a small pot and season with a packet of chicken flavoured Oxo or Bovril.

It is delicious with mashed potatoes and steamed carrots/broccoli/green beans and the gravy is fantastic!

Pork tenderloin and root beer, low 5 hours. Shred, add BBQ sauce

8 Bone in Pork chops, sliced green peppers, sliced onion, 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes with the juice, and a dollop of ketchup. cook on low for 5 hours. Served with mashed potatoes.

Drumsticks with BBQ sauce, low 5 hours.

Tortilla Soup

1 Onion
3T Vegetable Oil
4-6 Corn Tortillas, chopped
6 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 T Fresh Cilantro or Parsley
2 (10 3/4 oz) Cans Tomato Puree
2 Quarts Chicken Broth
1 T. Cumin
2 t. Chili Powder
2 Bay Leaves
1/8 t. Red Pepper
2 Skinned & Boned Chicken Breasts (I use tenders)

Toppings:
Sour Cream
Tortilla Chips
Avocado
Cheddar Cheese
(i also serve on the side corn and flour tortillas)

In food processor puree onion, measure 1 cup and set aside.
Heat Oil and cook tortillas, garlic, cilantro....until tortillas are soft.
Add onion puree, tomato puree, and next 5 ingredients.
Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (or toss in crockpot on low for several hours .. or high for a few hours.. really you are just heating it up)
Remove Bay Leaves.
Cook Chicken- spice as preferred (I use italian seasoning and grill it)
Spoon over soup with other toppings.

and

crockpot italian chicken

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
16 Ounce Bottle of Italian Dressing (I used non fat)
1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning
4-6 Potatoes scrubbed cut in half or wedges (you can peel if desired)
1/2 bag of mini carrots
Spray crock with Pam
Squirt a small amount of Italian dressing at bottom of crock-pot.
Place two chicken breasts in crock.
Pour some of the Italian dressing on the chicken.
Sprinkle half of cheese onto the chicken.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken.
Place next two chicken breasts into crock-pot, if possible not directly on top of the first breasts.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of chicken.
Pour carrots on top
Pour more of the Italian dressing on top of chicken and carrots.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken and carrots.
Place potatoes on top.
Pour the remaining Italian dressing on the potatoes.Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the potatoes.Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I have "beef stew" in mine.

layer carrots and potatoes in the bottom. (I used baby carrots and salt potatoes cut in cubes 'cause that's what I had.) Lay a chuck roast on top, then a can of mushroom soup, a packet of onion soup mix, and 1-2 cans of water.

When the beef is soft we shred it up and it's yummy. :)

Bottom roast with one can of cream of mushroom soup and one envelope of Lipton Onion Soup mix. Cook on low 8-9 hours. It makes the most amazing gravy. I serve with cut up potatoes and carrots. It's a Sunday type dinner with a Monday type effort.

Any liquid??? That sounds good.

Pasta Fagiole Soup...brown one lb hamburger with diced celery, onions and garlic..then dump it in the crockpot with...

jar of spaghetti sauce
large can crushed or diced tomatoes seasoned with basil and oregano
one can beef broth
small can corn
cook as long as you like
1/2 hour before dinner add 1/2 cup small pasta like ditalani
Serve with grated parmesan on top.

Great on a rainy day.

these sound yummy. I make pot roast with mushroom soup and onion soup also. chili is also great in a crock pot.

My beef stew.
Beef, onions, potatoes, a few carrots, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, s&p, a bit of tomato paste, beef broth concentrate (like broth cubes, but much better) and half a jar of salsa. Add a bit of water and simmer. Add green beans or corn at the end.

Dh's chili. Yummmmm I can't share the recipe, because I don't know it--he won't share it with me! :confused3

Pot roast. I start with a bit of Pioneer Woman's recipe so I salt and pepper the roast (lightly salt) and sear it in a dutch oven with some oil. Then sear sliced carrots (in chunks), onion (quartered) and potatoes. When I think about it, I put in 2 ribs of celery too just for flavor. Put everything into the crockpot in order cooked (so meat first, onion, carrots, potatoes, celery) and then deglaze the dutch oven with red wine and beef broth mixed with rosemary (or any other herbs or spices you like). I usually do all that the night before and put the ceramic pot in the fridge over night. Then pop it into the crockpot in the morning, turn it on low for 8-9 hrs (depending on size of the roast) and it just falls apart. We were going to have our leftovers tonight but turns out DH ate them all. :goodvibes

Pasta Fagiole Soup...brown one lb hamburger with diced celery, onions and garlic..then dump it in the crockpot with...

jar of spaghetti sauce
large can crushed or diced tomatoes seasoned with basil and oregano
one can beef broth
small can corn
cook as long as you like
1/2 hour before dinner add 1/2 cup small pasta like ditalani
Serve with grated parmesan on top.

Great on a rainy day.

Mmmmmm, that sounds great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!