OT: Universal Studios Hotel?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by TigerBear, Aug 4, 2001.

1. TigerBear

TigerBear Found him!

Can anyone recommend a nice (and safe ;), moderate hotel in the Universal Studios area? Is anyone familiar with Beverly Garland Holiday Inn or Best Western Hollywood Hills?

Thanks!

2. Amy1013

Amy1013 Earning My Ears

I've stayed at the Beverly Garlands Holiday Inn a couple of times, and have really liked it. It's close to Universal, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms were nice, and there's a restaurant on the property- which we found convenient. If you are a guest of the hotel and you happen to have kids under 13 traveling with you, they get to eat free at the restaurant. There's a nice pool (but not a large one) and sauna, also. My family has only had good experiences there, so I would definitely recommend it.

Amy

3. TigerBear

TigerBear Found him!

Thanks Amy! I have reserved two rooms at The Beverly Garland for $109 a night (each). Does that sound like a good rate?

4. Minybear

Minybear BCV/VGC Owner

I was also going to recommend Beverly Gardland. We are going to stay there September 24 & 25 and then stay at GC 26 & 27. Our corp rate was $75 per night.

5. Amy1013

Amy1013 Earning My Ears

Hi, Tigerbear

Yep, the $109/night sounds about right. That's in the same area that I paid for my nights at this hotel. If you are a AAA member, you may want to check with the hotel and see if you can get a AAA discount. Most Holiday Inns do give AAA member discounts- it's worth a try, if you are a member. But if not, what you have quoted is a good rate and about the same as I've paid myself. Have a great time!

Amy