OT? - Universal Rumors

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Bstanley, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Bstanley

Bstanley DisNoid

There are several rumors afoot that Vivendi-Universal will attempt to get some badly needed cash by:

1) Spinning off the Universal portion of the company as a separately traded stock with Barry Diller as CEO/Chairman.

2) Selling off Universal entirely with Barry Diller orchestrating a management buyout!

Anyone know if BD and JK are still good buddies? ;-)

That would be REALLY interesting, the big ME versus his former mentor+creative guy.. Would that be good for the parks or WHAT!

2. larworth

larworth DIS Veteran

I don't see Disney buying the parks, but are there any other pieces of Vivendi empire that would be good additions for Disney if there was a fire sale (and they had the liquidity)?

3. YoHo

YoHo If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

I doubt it, Universal is too big to swallow me thinks. If they couldn't get MGM.

I Think BStanely is implying that Bary Diller Running the Theme Parks would force Disney to work harder due to the intense rivalry. Still, A Universal without Vivendi is not as Formidibale an opponent as a Universal WITH Vivendi. They wouldn't have the same kind of money.