OT - Toxic baby bottles!!

It is statments like this that make mothers like me who are medically unable to breastfeed (I don't produce breastmilk) feel like we are letting our children down somehow and are horrible parents!!!!!

I hate to tell you this but totally "organic" food is impossible. Everything you consume has come into contact in some way with something you object to. Farmers cannot certify that the water that they give their animals is totally free of pesticide or drug residues unless they are buying it bottled. They cannot cretify that some smog did not drift into the air that those cows breathed. As a chemist I can tell you that the residue levels in organic vs not organic food is negligable. AWith the exception of surface residues that can be removed by washing all of the studies I have seen say that there is little difference with the exception of a few antibiotics that are being phased out anyway. Organic food is just the latest "let's make a bigger profit" scheme from the food industry and the pubilc is buying in hook line and sinker. We gladly shell out twice as much for tomatoes of beef b/c it makes us feel better about ourselves We can say "look what I am doing for my family" and look down on everyone who doesn't by organic simply because they can't afford to. I for one will no longer by into this for of elitism. I did the research.

I hope I misunderstood your post as I was not being "elitist" or even trying to say that. ALL I was doing was providing another solution. Sure, everything has chemicals, but if we want to feed our family hormone free milk and beef then that's a great option for us. I really do hope I misunderstood your post as I don't want to be attacked for presenting another option. Just providing another alternative and your post did upset me - please no attacks on anyone in this thread! (Sprouts grocery is the same price in our area for produce that is organic vs Tom Thumb which is not).

I hope I misunderstood your post as I was not being "elitist" or even trying to say that. ALL I was doing was providing another solution. Sure, everything has chemicals, but if we want to feed our family hormone free milk and beef then that's a great option for us. I really do hope I misunderstood your post as I don't want to be attacked for presenting another option. Just providing another alternative and your post did upset me - please no attacks on anyone in this thread! (Sprouts grocery is the same price in our area for produce that is organic vs Tom Thumb which is not).

I think that you partially did misunderstand what I said. Note I said WE in my post. I am including myself here. At one point I did buy organic, but after doing my research and really considering my motives I came to the conclusion that I was buying into something just because it was trendy, not because it was any better for us. Your post was in response to someone who like me chooses not to buy organic, and it came off to me as if you were looking down on them for doing so. I was simply pointing out that I at one point bought into the attitude that buying organic made me a better mom and I was somehow more educated and informed than those who didn't. I am sorry if that was not your intention, but that is how ther post read for me.

Getting back on the subject of BPA in Bottles:

As a demonstration of our commitment to you, we are offering free samples of the Playtex®
Drop-Ins® Original Nurser System, which are BPA-free.

Please fill out the form below to receive your free Playtex® Drop-Ins® Original Nurser System.

http://www.playtexbaby.com/bpafree/info.html

I think that you partially did misunderstand what I said. Note I said WE in my post. I am including myself here. At one point I did buy organic, but after doing my research and really considering my motives I came to the conclusion that I was buying into something just because it was trendy, not because it was any better for us. Your post was in response to someone who like me chooses not to buy organic, and it came off to me as if you were looking down on them for doing so. I was simply pointing out that I at one point bought into the attitude that buying organic made me a better mom and I was somehow more educated and informed than those who didn't. I am sorry if that was not your intention, but that is how ther post read for me.

Actually my response was to another poster who has regularly taken this thread away from BPA and other concerns by attempting to say that those of us who choose to make this decision were making a wrong choice. I answered part of their post with my comment - not yours or anyone else's. All those of us who are concerned about BPA were asking was to have somewhere to go speak about the concerns and information. Organic may be great for some and not so great for others. It's each of our individual choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter