OT- Toronto to Fredericton

Disney_Mama

DIS Veteran
What is the best and fastest way to drive from Toronto to Fredericton? I am willing to drive either in Canada or the States. Thanks for the help :wave:

Why don't you go to mapquest.com or to google and type on maps and both offer a map and driving directions and see what options they give you.
We have always gone from Toronto through Montreal up past riviere de loop and through edmunston and down to fredericton (although we keep going to sackville new brunswick)
give these 2 a try.
CAA will map out the routes for you and tell you where the construction is so that you can avoid it....also a good thing.

I've done the same as the prior poster. I have also gone across at Corwallis, NY State to Vermount, Route 2 to Maine and I95 to NB.

My reccomendation. Stick to the Candian route. Better roads, easier driving and the time difference is minimal. Once or twice , I have hit contruction (on US Side) that detoured you way out of the way. In some of the US "back roads" you only go 25-35 miles an hour as you hit a lot of small towns.

Trans-Canada is easy and almost as fast.

Thanks for the tips. Going to stick to Canada. I will have a boat in tow so I don't want to take any small roads this trip but maybe in future trips. Lookig for shortest and fastest route between home and parents. :wave2:

I do this drive every year...actually we go past Fredricton to Halifax. Canadian route is better, just try and time is so you are not in Montreal over the rush hour(s).

We usually go to Edmonston the first day and then on to Halifax the following say but I have made TO to Fredricton in 1 day before.

I did the drive in 17 hours going threw the states. From Fredericton to just north of Toronto. Left at 5:30 in the morning and only stopped for bathroom breaks. We ate in the car. We took our time the last time I went threw Canada but the difference in km was only 100. We were luky we hit no trafic or any delays with construction.

Disney_Mama said:
I did the drive in 17 hours going threw the states. From Fredericton to just north of Toronto. Left at 5:30 in the morning and only stopped for bathroom breaks. We ate in the car. We took our time the last time I went threw Canada but the difference in km was only 100. We were luky we hit no trafic or any delays with construction.

So exactly how far did you throw the USA? ;)

We did the Candian route in 14 under the same circumstances. Did drive like the devil through Quebec, but when in Rome.. :rotfl:

I used to do this trip yearly, from Lake Huron to Minto, NB. I have done both routes, and prefered the Canadian side, through Montreal to Riviere-du-loop, down to Fredricton. As others have said, watch Montreal rush hour.

cvs2kids said:
So exactly how far did you throw the USA? ;)

We did the Candian route in 14 under the same circumstances. Did drive like the devil through Quebec, but when in Rome.. :rotfl:

Wow 14 hours... That's good to know. We went through I95 houlton Maine to Massachusets on to I90 to New York State to 190 to Niagara. I really went the long way. :confused3 Going to stick to Canada. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter