ot-stores going out of business

here757

DIS Veteran
a while ago some had a list of the stores going out of business.
is it possible to get that reposted? please and thanks :)

The list was removed because most of it was not true. Retailers were being hurt from a false email scaring people into thinking they were going out of business, when in fact they were not.

The list was removed because most of it was not true. Retailers were being hurt from a false email scaring people into thinking they were going out of business, when in fact they were not.

True. That said, however, a number of stores are going out of business. In my area (NJ/PA), Value City department stores, Office Depot, Linens and Things, National Wholesale Liquidators among others have closed or in the process of closing. Also, Whitehall Jewelers.

If anyone knows any other chains that are actually closing (not based on that e-mail but on personal contact), post them here.

whitehall. and reeds jewerly stores in norfolk closed
value city closed.
linen and things closed

Why are people so into this? Go look at your local shops & malls - if they are going out of business - there will be signs stating this. that bogus email about all the stores that supposedly were in trouble has caused so much grief.

that bogus email about all the stores that supposedly were in trouble has caused so much grief.

I agree. That's why I thought listing places that truly are going out might be useful for folks. If you have one in your area, you might catch a good sale. If you are still holding onto a gift card or store credit for any of these places, you might want to rush out and use it (if they'll still honor it).

the fashion bug near me is closing, but the sign says visit our other location in x town so it must not be all of them.

linens and things

Here is the thing, regardless of the store, use your credits/gift cards NOW. There is no telling what January may hold and it isn't a good idea to hold onto the cards.

Finally, give cash or checks instead of gift cards, either way people know what you spent. There is no risk with cash.

KB Toys in local mall is closing

Tweeter closed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter