OT/Shadow Shoppers...Anyone know of this company?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by desiab, Apr 5, 2007.

1. desiab

desiab All My Life 01-02-1999

I am constantly getting emails from this company about mystery shops in my area, but I am hesitant because I want to be sure that this is a legitimate company.

Has anyone heard of them or had dealings with them? Any help is appreciated.

desiab

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. paladin

paladin DIS Veteran

Never heard of them, but I did a google search and came up with quite a few complaints about them. Just be careful and look before you leap into anything, especially anything that charges a fee.

4. boristhedog

boristhedog Earning My Ears

This company charges you for stuff you can find for free. I don't know that they're a scam, but it is unnecessary. I just started mystery shopping and haven't paid for any resources. Try mysteryshopresources.com and there are hundreds of companies listed-real ones you can sign on with for free. Good luck!

5. desiab

desiab All My Life 01-02-1999

Thanks for the replies. I started researching too after I posted and I didn't find them listed with the other secret shopper companies. That sent up a red flag with me, so I didn't submit any info.

When I was in college I did some secret shopping, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the company. I did go to Volition and found a long list of known mystery shopper companies. It will take me a little while to go through the list and find companies I think might be a fit for me.

Thanks again,
    desiab

6. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

As far as I know, you shouldn't have to pay anything to become a mystery shopper. Volition is a good site.