OT: Question about Dog

jgreco

Mouseketeer
We are leaving for vacation on Monday, and my 1 year old dachschund has begun peeing in the house right in front of us for 2 days in a row now.

Each time she does this, she runs and hides. She is fully house-trained so there is no reason for this.

We have not started the process of packing or anything like that, but could she be sensing that we are leaving her behind?

Sorry for posting this OT here. I don't belong to any other boards, and you all are such a helpful bunch.

First thing I thought of was bladder infection too. The times in my life when I've had a dog do this that is exactly what it was. Simple urine draw at the vet and some antibiotics and all was fine.

First thing I thought of was bladder infection too. The times in my life when I've had a dog do this that is exactly what it was. Simple urine draw at the vet and some antibiotics and all was fine.

Please take your doxie to the vet for a urine test for a bladder infection. Mine did this exact same thing and I just thought she was being naught till I realized she was in pain. Bladder stone surgery and $2000 later she is fine but still needs bi-yearly urine tests for crystals. I wish I knew then what I know now as I worry all the time that she will get stones again.

We are leaving for vacation on Monday, and my 1 year old dachschund has begun peeing in the house right in front of us for 2 days in a row now.

Each time she does this, she runs and hides. She is fully house-trained so there is no reason for this.

We have not started the process of packing or anything like that, but could she be sensing that we are leaving her behind?

Sorry for posting this OT here. I don't belong to any other boards, and you all are such a helpful bunch.

My mini doxie does the same thing when she has a BLADDER INFECTION. She hides because she knows she's in trouble but is asking for help, in the only way she can.:guilty:

Get her to the vet with a clean urine sample and you'll be good to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter