OT- painting my walls

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by MomNeedsVacay, Jun 20, 2007.

1. MomNeedsVacay

MomNeedsVacay <font color=red>was my mom just weird?

I don't know where else to go for help... I'm painting my daughter's walls pink (well one accent wall is pink).... I had previously painted her name in cursive on her wall (probably a foot and a half wide for the whole name). I used a black craft paint on a cream background wall. Now, I'm trying to paint over the black writing, and it keeps "bleeding through" the pink. Any tips? Advice? Should I go to another board? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

Sand it down if it's raised. Use KILZ as a primer, then paint pink. Should be good to go....

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

yep, KILZ is the way to go!!!
    I just finished our living room last night and the kids had scuffed up the walls in places so I put a coat of KILZ on it and it worked great. You can find it at pretty much any home improvement store or hardware store that carries pint. I think Walmart even has it.
    Good luck!

5. MomNeedsVacay

MomNeedsVacay <font color=red>was my mom just weird?

You don't know how many ignorant people I asked at Home depot this very question. Thank you. We'll see how it goes :goodvibes

6. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

Hope it works for you! Sometimes you have to wonder why home improvement and craft stores hire people that are so clueless about what they are selling...

7. vanyel

vanyel Mouseketeer<br><font color=db28a5>I like to escape

Another vote for kilz. I think there is one that's specifically "high-hiding" for problems. We used it to paint over a dark red wall and it worked great.

8. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

We just painted our hallway and primed it with Kilz. It worked great hiding the scuff marks I couldn't wash off.

Now, we're going to use the primer to hid the stenciled wallpaper border in our l.r. before jpainting in there.

Good luck. You can get a small can, too. for about$5 at H.d>

herc.