OT - New Jersey Fun Places

SharpMomOfTwo

DIS Veteran
We have two DD's - 3 and 1 1/2. We are looking for fun places to take them that don't cost to much. Towns/places that we are totally bored of:

Red Bank
New Hope
Smithville
Pt. Pleasant
Seaside Heights
Popcorn Zoo

We are looking for fun places to go this weekend, but can't seem to come up with anywhere that we haven't already been 1000 times. Any suggestions??? We are not limited to NJ, we will travel to NY & PA too - maybe even CONN. We were thinking about going to Baltimore for a day trip, but that would be 6 hours there and back, a bit to much.

TIA!!!

Since your kids are young how about Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster.

South Jersey shore towns, Ocean City?

We love Hershey too.

Great ideas, but none of them are open yet - they don't open till May.
Plus I've heard a lot of bad things about Sesame Place - very dirty!

What about the Crayola Factory? I think it is near Easton, PA.
The NJ Aquarium in Camden (not a good location other than the aquarium) is supposed to be really good.
The Liberty Science Museum in Jersey City is supposed to be great.

I used to live in NJ but that was pre-kids so we haven't done these but my nephew and neices have.
I'll try to think of some others!

Great ideas, but none of them are open yet - they don't open till May.
Plus I've heard a lot of bad things about Sesame Place - very dirty!

Sorry about that I thought those place did some spring hours. Maybe try them later then.

How about Adventure Aquarium in Camden, Please Touch Museum in Philly?

Crayola Crayon Factory

I have not heard good things about Sesame Place either

What about the Crayola Factory? I think it is near Easton, PA.
The NJ Aquarium in Camden (not a good location other than the aquarium) is supposed to be really good.
The Liberty Science Museum in Jersey City is supposed to be great.

I used to live in NJ but that was pre-kids so we haven't done these but my nephew and neices have.
I'll try to think of some others!

I like the Liberty Science Center but I think the kids might be to young for that.

Lancaster Science Factory
Lost River Caverns
Brown Cow Country Market
Ringing Rocks Park

How about StoryBook Land near Atlantic City and while you are there you can see Lucy the Elephant in Margate just south of Atlantic City. How about Land of Make Believe in Hope. These are just some of the place we have been too with the boys years ago. I do second the Cape May Zoo. It is charming little zoo.

The Entertainment book always has coupons for Storybook Land and Land of Make Believe

If you want a quicky-thing to do, there's a drive-through sculpture museum just outside of Trenton. (though might have to wait til the kids are a little older)

There's a place in Philly that would be GREAT for your kids called the "Please Touch Museum". It's just a big place of "stuff to play with". DD was 4 when we took her, and she LOVED the kid-sized supermarket which includes shopping carts, food items, etc.

The Crayola Factory in Easton, PA was a great time! What about the Bronx Zoo? The Aquarium in Camden? Great Adventure - they have a great kids' section!

We have 2 toddlers so we are always looking for great places to go. Sesame Place can be fun, just don't go on a weekend - it is jam packed!

Ya know, everyone could have responded a little faster!!! :rotfl2: You guys are great!!! I really like the Touch Museam in Philly - we were thinking of going there (to Philly that is). We are really looing for outdoor things to do because it is getting so nice! Thanks for all the really great ideas! Keep them coming!!!!!

Ya know, everyone could have responded a little faster!!! :rotfl2: You guys are great!!! I really like the Touch Museam in Philly - we were thinking of going there (to Philly that is). We are really looing for outdoor things to do because it is getting so nice! Thanks for all the really great ideas! Keep them coming!!!!!

If you like outdoors stuff, here's somethign simple to do.

In East Brunswick on Ryder's lane, Rutgers has a big area of garden/flowers that you can spend a few hours at.

How about the Philadelphia Zoo? I'm not sure how much it is, but we took my DD there when she was 3 and it was wonderful.

NOt sure exactly where you are located, but when the weather warms up Dorbrook park in Colts Neck is aweome...they have a great playground and awesome Sprayground..you can have a picnic and walk te trails..It is a lot of fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!