OT: Need durable mesh or transparent bookbag

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by AMaloy314, Jul 8, 2006.

1. AMaloy314

AMaloy314 <font color=blue>Married to Prince Charming<br><fo

My son start kindergarten this year and I just got the school supply list. Apparently, the kids aren't allowed to have a regular backpack. The bookbags listed specify that they be clear or transparent. I've never seen anything like this that looks as if it would hold up, especially to the treatment that I know my son will give it. Does anyone know of any? :confused3 Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. daksmom11

daksmom11 Earning My Ears

L.L.bean and Lands End both used to sell these, I don't know if they still do. Good Luck!

4. mum4jenn

mum4jenn <font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<

Kindergarten kids will not be carrying too much so I don't think you need to spens a ton on one. I found a clear backpack at Walmart yesterday for $9.88. I really would prefer a mesh one but dd really wanted the clear(only because she bought a clear backpack for her Build-a-Bear doggy!! LOL!!). I have seen the mesh ones at a place called Shoe Station for $19.99 and I asked some of our students last year where they got their mesh bags and they said they got theirs at Staples. THe clear one actually seems to be made pretty well and has lots of pockets for small items and sports bottles.

I will probably still get a mesh bag for a back-up incase the Walmart one does not hold up!! :thumbsup2

5. Kaa

Kaa <font color=blue>Moderator<br><font color=green>I

I just purchased a mesh backpack by Nike on eBags. My son had the perfect backpack last year and he came unglued when he found out he couldn't use it this coming year.

6. mrsmiller

mrsmiller DIS Veteran

You can also try:
    www.bagrepublic.com
    They have clear back packs for 10.00 I ordered one my son for kindergarden and he used it for the entire school year, we like to take it when we travel usually security do not search the bag because they can see inside.
    BTW they also have mesh back packs
    Linnette

7. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

Just got a mostly Mesh Dash bag fromt he DisneyStore for like $3. I thought it was perfect for my new Kinder.

8. msinformation

msinformation Mouseketeer

I just bought a mesh backpack at Walmat. I know they also have it on their website (just search "mesh backpack"). It is an adult size bag, though, so perhaps it would be too big for a short person! It was inexpensive and is more duarable than those clear vinyl bags.

9. campingcorgi

campingcorgi <font color=blue>Will work for a chance to live at

We got a clear one at WalMart several years ago and it is still going strong. We take it to Disney at least weekly and the security guards love it!

10. jennifer293

jennifer293 <font color=green>SHHHHH , but we live in the stic

Get a Jansport one, I was told when I bought mine they have a lifetime warranty on them. I don't know if they do but I have had my mesh bag for 11 years now and it looks brand new!!!