OT Myrtle Beach

Not as commercial as MB about 30 south of airport is Lichfield by the Sea, no lazy rivers, but not as touristy as MB proper. My parents live in Pawleys Island and I also think the food is better south of the city, less chains. JMHO

Actually Litchfield has a lazy river now. One is at bridgewater; the other is at the hotel (now called Summerhouse). I love Litchfield; in fact we just returned yesterday from there. Love the food at Murrell's Inlet.

We enjoyed Camelot by the Sea in MB a couple of years ago.

We have stayed at Bayview Resort several times. The parking is across the street which is the only negative. Brand new otherwise - and also has a Starbucks. We went in the fall and paid $39.99 a night! Of course it is higher now, but there are several deals that they are running.

We usually stay at Ocean Reef resort. It seems to be one of the cheaper oceanfront resorts, and has 2 queen beds instead of doubles, which is always nice. It has an outdoor pool, indoor pool, hot tubs, lazy river, & a kids play area. It's also right on the beach, but the parking lot is across the street (which I'm pretty sure is common in that area, some have parking under the hotel, but it didn't seem like many of them we saw did). We had a room with a kitchenette, so we were able to keep sandwiches, drinks, and other snacks in the room for when we got back from a long day on the beach. We thought it was a nice room the price, it was clean too. The elevators were super fast as well, which we really liked, considering we were on the 15th floor. They also have guest laundry on the 2nd floor, which was convenient for us, since we were staying there for quite a few days and needed to be able to wash bathing suits, shorts, & tshirts.

http://www.oceanreefmyrtlebeach.com/

However, if your kids are young, I definitely would not recommend staying in south Myrtle Beach, mainly know as the "Grand Strand" area. It's usually loud down there until around 4 maybe even 5 in the morning. We did like the fact though that we could drive down to that area of Myrtle Beach because there was always something going on, but then we could go back to the hotel where it was nice and quiet, and we were able to get a good nights sleep.

OT - But if your family wants some souvenirs while you're there, you should definitely check out the Gay Dolphin, it seems like they have everything you could ever want to take home! :yay:

We are going in a few weeks there and staying in the Schooner building. Was it a nice hotel? How was the restaurant? Any good places to eat nearby?

we stayed here in May, in the Pinnacle building. We LOVED this resort! There were pools EVERY where you turned, literally almost tripping over them!

Id stay there again in a heart beat. We were supposed to go back again in August to MB, but I couldnt do another long drive this year (mentally!!!). We were going to try the condos at the Holidays Sands @ South Beach. We toured them in May and really liked. Instead, we are going to the Jersey Shore (much pricier) and Sesame Place. Ill be missing Myrtle though..... I really loved it there!

We just came back from MB and stayed at the Landmark. 5 years ago the place was super dirty but on this trip, the rooms were redone and they had people cleaning everywhere. Our room was just $107 over the 4th of July holiday, that was cheap!

They have a large parking garage across the street which is nice, your car doesn't fry. Plus you don't have to play chicken with traffic!

Our room was an air conditioner unit view (ha), room 704 I think. It was right outside the lobby elevator. It was a great location because we could cut down to level 4, go through the convention area and be at the crosswalk to the parking garage.

Since I have a 2 yr old, we spent a lot of time in the water park across the street.

The room had a fully stocked kitchen with dishes, silverware and things to cook with (which was a little odd since we didn't have a stove). But it had a mini fridge and we cooked with the microwave.

BUT... if you have the extra money, I'd go with Dayton House. We've stayed there many times. The rooms are old but super clean and they are very picky about noise at the pools. Lots of older people there and families, very few party-ers. We always get an angle oceanview room.

we enjoy the seawatch resort. its very family friendly. the rooms are clean and have kitchens. didn't like dayton house much we stayed there a few years ago
all of our swim suits got ruined due to the chlorine in the pool and they were rude. breakers resort is nice.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter