OT Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mc'smommy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. mc'smommy

mc'smommy Troublemaker Tours

Hi everyone, can someone, anyone.... recommend a nice clean but fun hotl in Myrtle Beach? I thought I had found one ( captains quarters ) and then read the reviews ( YIKES ) ...
    We are looking for someone clean, newer, with a pool, lazy river, and beach front...
    If you can recommend such a place I would love to hear about it...TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lecach

lecach <font color=darkorchid>Will not get out of bed unl

We are staying here this weekend: www.daytonhouseinn.com

It's older though. Very clean and we've always had a great experience there. They have a lazy river, an indoor pool, sauna, kiddie pool, zero entry pool (you can just walk in, like the ocean). Then they have a grassy area between the pool area and the beach. They have tables chairs and umbrellas setup that you can use at no charge. We really like it there but again, it's kindof older.

My inlaws stayed here and loved it: http://www.oceanaresorts.com/myrtle-beach-resorts/Camelot-By-The-Sea/default.asp

I did a rate comparison based on arrival on July 24 for 6 nights. The nicest suite at Dayton House is $1,198.32 for the 6 nights. At Camelot the cheapest room is $1542.28.

But Camelot IS a lot nicer.

Trip Advisor gives Dayton House 4 out of 5 stars with 85% of reviewers giving it a thumbs up.

Camelot got 3.5 out of 5 stars and only 61% gave it thumbs up.

You can't always go by reviews though.

Let me know if you'd like me to check out anything while we are down this weekend.

4. tinytink

tinytink DIS Veteran

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites at the Kingston Plantation and we love it.

www.embassysuites.com

Good luck.

5. DonaldsDaisy

DonaldsDaisy Mouseketeer

We are going in September and are thinking about staying at Dunes Village. It gets good reviews on trip advisor and the rates are pretty decent. It is only 3 years old and has an indoor water park as well as outdoor pool. It is right on the beach also.

http://www.dunesvillage.com/

6. drgreene1096

drgreene1096 Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Avista Resorts in N. Myrtle Beach in March. It was a great hotel and very reasonable priced. We loved it and will stay there again!:cool1:

7. Southern Disney Bell

Southern Disney Bell Earning My Ears

I live about 2 hours from MB and visit often...not always an overnight trip.

The AVISTA is a nice place and clean - it is newer than many hotels. My only compliant would be the parking...it is across the street of course, since the hotel is on the ocean however, the parking garage is very tight. I have a mid size car but most larger SUV's would be a tight fit. The would definately not be a deal breaker at all but just something to keep in mind. Also, the AVISTA is located in North Myrtle Beach, about a 10 minute drive to Myrtle Beach. I prefer to stay in NMB rather than MB because of traffic. It is very easy to get in and out of NMB than MB - my opinion.

Hope this helps!

8. Marshay

Marshay I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bi

My family (parents and sister's family) are on the road now. They are staying at The Long Bay Resort and love it.

9. wendy46001

wendy46001 Mouseketeer<br><font color=purple>Dont get me wron

we just stayed at the grand atlantic resort
    it was clean, the kitchen well stocked and the people were nice
    they had some good specials

http://www.grandatlanticresort.com/

10. teslaaunt

teslaaunt Mouseketeer

We are staying at a new resort on North Myrtle Beach:

http://www.towersonthegrove.com/

We got a great rate, 4 nights for $500.00. It's all brand new and ocreanfront rooms available. You might want to check them out.

11. Iluvjiminy

Iluvjiminy Mouseketeer

We are staying here next Thursday until the following Tuesday. I'll let you know how it is if you'd like. We've never stayed there, I just found it online and it looked nice.......hope it is lol.:scared1:

Becky

12. sasmmb

sasmmb Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Sea Watch Resort in the Spring and were quite pleased by it. It reminded me of the DVC at Hilton Head. It is right on the beach, has 2 lazy rivers (not great ones, but they are OK), and several pools, indoors and out. I just got an email today (Monday) that says they are running a 72 hour special for mid-August through Early Sept. Here is the website http://www.seawatchresort.com/?cmpid=071309&tollfree=866-487-1287

I would definitely stay there again.

13. mc'smommy

mc'smommy Troublemaker Tours

Many thanks to everyone for all of their links....I will check them out now...:thumbsup2

14. Clang

Clang Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Dayton House last year. It is a nice, family place. It is not a deluxe hotel, but clean and reasonably priced. We enjoyed our stay there. Nice pools....however - a "lazy river" in MB is NOTHING like a lazy river at Disney. Most often the lazy river is sooooo small.....like maybe a 100 yd circle. It was quite a disappointment to my kids! LOL!!

This year we are trying Compass Cove.

15. staciepm

staciepm Mouseketeer

We stayed in The Dunes Village this winter and it was very clean and fun. There were indoor waterslides. The room we stayed in was 4 bedrooms with a full kitchen. Nice and very clean. Register on their site and they send out codes and specials.

16. homedad

homedad DIS Veteran

Not as commercial as MB about 30 south of airport is Lichfield by the Sea, no lazy rivers, but not as touristy as MB proper. My parents live in Pawleys Island and I also think the food is better south of the city, less chains. JMHO

17. maleficentmom

maleficentmom Mouseketeer

montereybaysuites.com ,click specials.we will stay here in oct. for the 4th time..includes hot breakfast and you get a suite for the price of a room.We will stay for around 450 for a week in oct. My kids love this place.sometimes I have booked cheaper rate by calling.:cool1:

18. kasidak

kasidak Mouseketeer

19. disneystacy

disneystacy DIS Veteran

Dunes Village :thumbsup2

20. casjen

casjen DIS Veteran

We are going in a few weeks there and staying in the Schooner building. Was it a nice hotel? How was the restaurant? Any good places to eat nearby?

21. kasidak

kasidak Mouseketeer

Honestly it has been a couple of years so I don't remember the name of the building. It was a tall, high rise one.

We LOVED all the different pools, including the indoor pool and lazy river for those bad weather days.

The restaurant was good, we only ate breakfast there. When we go to Myrtle Beach we usually do Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing when we go out to eat for dinner.

At Broadway we like Key West Grill at Barefoot we like California Pizza Kitchen.