OT Myrtle Beach

mc'smommy

Troublemaker Tours
Hi everyone, can someone, anyone.... recommend a nice clean but fun hotl in Myrtle Beach? I thought I had found one ( captains quarters ) and then read the reviews ( YIKES ) ...
We are looking for someone clean, newer, with a pool, lazy river, and beach front...
If you can recommend such a place I would love to hear about it...TIA

We are staying here this weekend: www.daytonhouseinn.com

It's older though. Very clean and we've always had a great experience there. They have a lazy river, an indoor pool, sauna, kiddie pool, zero entry pool (you can just walk in, like the ocean). Then they have a grassy area between the pool area and the beach. They have tables chairs and umbrellas setup that you can use at no charge. We really like it there but again, it's kindof older.

My inlaws stayed here and loved it: http://www.oceanaresorts.com/myrtle-beach-resorts/Camelot-By-The-Sea/default.asp

I did a rate comparison based on arrival on July 24 for 6 nights. The nicest suite at Dayton House is $1,198.32 for the 6 nights. At Camelot the cheapest room is $1542.28.

But Camelot IS a lot nicer.

Trip Advisor gives Dayton House 4 out of 5 stars with 85% of reviewers giving it a thumbs up.

Camelot got 3.5 out of 5 stars and only 61% gave it thumbs up.

You can't always go by reviews though.

Let me know if you'd like me to check out anything while we are down this weekend.

We are going in September and are thinking about staying at Dunes Village. It gets good reviews on trip advisor and the rates are pretty decent. It is only 3 years old and has an indoor water park as well as outdoor pool. It is right on the beach also.

http://www.dunesvillage.com/

We stayed at the Avista Resorts in N. Myrtle Beach in March. It was a great hotel and very reasonable priced. We loved it and will stay there again!:cool1:

I live about 2 hours from MB and visit often...not always an overnight trip.

The AVISTA is a nice place and clean - it is newer than many hotels. My only compliant would be the parking...it is across the street of course, since the hotel is on the ocean however, the parking garage is very tight. I have a mid size car but most larger SUV's would be a tight fit. The would definately not be a deal breaker at all but just something to keep in mind. Also, the AVISTA is located in North Myrtle Beach, about a 10 minute drive to Myrtle Beach. I prefer to stay in NMB rather than MB because of traffic. It is very easy to get in and out of NMB than MB - my opinion.

Hope this helps!

My family (parents and sister's family) are on the road now. They are staying at The Long Bay Resort and love it.

We are going in September and are thinking about staying at Dunes Village. It gets good reviews on trip advisor and the rates are pretty decent. It is only 3 years old and has an indoor water park as well as outdoor pool. It is right on the beach also.

http://www.dunesvillage.com/

We are staying here next Thursday until the following Tuesday. I'll let you know how it is if you'd like. We've never stayed there, I just found it online and it looked nice.......hope it is lol.:scared1:

Becky

We stayed at the Sea Watch Resort in the Spring and were quite pleased by it. It reminded me of the DVC at Hilton Head. It is right on the beach, has 2 lazy rivers (not great ones, but they are OK), and several pools, indoors and out. I just got an email today (Monday) that says they are running a 72 hour special for mid-August through Early Sept. Here is the website http://www.seawatchresort.com/?cmpid=071309&tollfree=866-487-1287

I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Dayton House last year. It is a nice, family place. It is not a deluxe hotel, but clean and reasonably priced. We enjoyed our stay there. Nice pools....however - a "lazy river" in MB is NOTHING like a lazy river at Disney. Most often the lazy river is sooooo small.....like maybe a 100 yd circle. It was quite a disappointment to my kids! LOL!!

This year we are trying Compass Cove.

We stayed in The Dunes Village this winter and it was very clean and fun. There were indoor waterslides. The room we stayed in was 4 bedrooms with a full kitchen. Nice and very clean. Register on their site and they send out codes and specials.

Not as commercial as MB about 30 south of airport is Lichfield by the Sea, no lazy rivers, but not as touristy as MB proper. My parents live in Pawleys Island and I also think the food is better south of the city, less chains. JMHO

montereybaysuites.com ,click specials.we will stay here in oct. for the 4th time..includes hot breakfast and you get a suite for the price of a room.We will stay for around 450 for a week in oct. My kids love this place.sometimes I have booked cheaper rate by calling.:cool1:

We are going in a few weeks there and staying in the Schooner building. Was it a nice hotel? How was the restaurant? Any good places to eat nearby?

We are going in a few weeks there and staying in the Schooner building. Was it a nice hotel? How was the restaurant? Any good places to eat nearby?

Honestly it has been a couple of years so I don't remember the name of the building. It was a tall, high rise one.

We LOVED all the different pools, including the indoor pool and lazy river for those bad weather days.

The restaurant was good, we only ate breakfast there. When we go to Myrtle Beach we usually do Broadway at the Beach or Barefoot Landing when we go out to eat for dinner.

At Broadway we like Key West Grill at Barefoot we like California Pizza Kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter