OT: My DD is freaking me out!

A guy in my class drowned during a fishing trip when his boat capsized, I hate to even think of it to this day.

I am one of the "no" moms .... DD has a hard time with it but I just go with my gut. She is 10 and is very upset that I wouldn't let her go to a 9:45 movie at the mall last night with a couple of girls whos parents never say no. Why does a 10 yr old need to be dropped off at midnight??

No life guards? How many kids to the one parent? Will the parents actually watch the kids? Our neighborhood pool doesn't have a life guard. There was a family that had a pool party for a 12 year old last summer with 3 adults there for the kids. You know what they did? Sat under the picnic tables outside the pool area while I kept telling their party guests to not jump on my kids, stop running, look before you jump, etc. I was shocked nobody got hurt.

I would probably let my 14 yr old go to wet n wild with another family but I probably wouldn't let her go to a water activity site with a bunch of kids and few adults. I would join in or tell her sorry.

It sucks being the parent that says no

I would contact the mom and ask if I could accompany her; if not, then I too would say NO!

Well, after discussing it with the mom that took her, I let her go and she's back home safe and sound. She had a good time. However, she said that she had no desire to go back. She said there were better places to swim and hang out. Thank Goodness!!!

I would let her go, but I would be joining the group. I couldn't imagine why anyone would care if there was another mom around.

If it were me, I'd go along. Then she can have fun with her friends and you can make sure she's safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter