OT -- Is this site very slow?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by NYCDiane, Jul 13, 2009.

1. NYCDiane

NYCDiane DIS Veteran

Or is it just me??

Every time I open this forum, it takes forever for the page to load. Same thing when I try to open or respond to a thread or go to another page.

At first, I thought it was my computer, but every other site, etc work fine and fast (I have a high-speed/cable connection)

Is the site slow for anyone else?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rflorek

rflorek DIS Veteran

I am not having issues recently. I also have a cable modem, and am using Internet Explorer browser (but not IE8 - my co-workers are having MANY problems with the internet since they've upgraded).

4. ilovecraigandcooper

ilovecraigandcooper Mouseketeer

i often have problems! sometimes its faster for me to completely x out and go back into it rather than wait for the page to load. (if that makes sense). it seems like it happens after ive looked at a few threads.

5. cinmell

cinmell <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

Yes! This site is very slooooooooooooow for me and it has been for months. I don't have problems with any other sites.

6. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

We have DSL, and I have noticed this a lot over the last several days. It just seems to be the DIS though, all of my other sites (message boards included) are fine??

7. BeenHereB4

BeenHereB4 I'm not really new :)

Same here and I'm high speed cable too. I often leave the site because it drives me nuts.

8. WeLuvTink!

WeLuvTink! DIS Veteran

Yesssss....verrrryyy sllllowwwww at times. Othertimes it's ok. Other websitea are fine, as is wdwinfo.com. It's just disboards.com that is slow. Maybe too many of us DISers at once? Hope they can do something to fix it.

9. JoanneNC

JoanneNC DIS Veteran

Unfortunately this site is often slow for me as well

10. jana616

jana616 DIS Veteran

Super slow for me too!

11. mickaholic4077

mickaholic4077 I kicked cancer's butt!!

Another one whose experience is the site is slow!!

12. ChrisinNJ

ChrisinNJ DIS Veteran

I am having the same problem as well....

13. NYCDiane

NYCDiane DIS Veteran

Sometimes if there's a lot of traffic on the site, it will be slow but this happens any time I visit --- morning, late night, afternoon, whenever. I can't imagine that so many people are visiting 24/7 that it would slow the site down to the point it is.

I've also had luck "x-ing" out and then reopening my internet but not always. No other site gives me this problem. I hope they can fix it!

14. Newfie2000

Newfie2000 <font color=green>Doesn't anyone make split pea so

Count me in too! Lately it has become frustrating to spend time here on the Dis. I find myself refreshing or closing out so many times that I just go elsewhere - other times it is very fast. And I too agree it can't be just a traffic issue because it happens to me at the strangest times sometimes...:confused3

15. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

No, it's not just you. The site is generally very slow, though every once in a while it seems to work just fine.

16. mdetloff

mdetloff Mouseketeer

Very slow for me too. I have tried using different browsers when it is really slow and it doesn't seem to matter. This also is the only site I have problems with.