OT: Great Wolf Lodge, Niagara Falls

scrappinginontario

I'm excited to be taking my DD to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls for 1 night in July! This will be a first for us and I'm super excited! I know she will be too but I won't tell her until closer to the date.

Have you been there? Do you have any tips to share?

We're going to Disney in September so the budget will only allow for 1 night. All the current offers are for 2 nights or more. I noticed there is a current offer (good until the end of June) for those who belong to their 'Exclusive Members' which basically means you give them your email and sign up. It includes 1 night stays. Has anyone had experience finding deals in the summer if only staying for 1 night?

Thanks for any help fellow DISers can offer!

I think that, for a one-night stay, the Fallsview Waterpark may have better deals. Granted, it's not GWL, but it's still fun, and they usually offer some sort of dining credit, there's a Hard Rock/Rainforest Cafe in the complex, it's right beside Clifton Hill and steps from the Niagara Falls park area.

That said, if you're set on going to GWL, I think the best chance for a one-night discount may be to call them directly and see what they can do.

Check for wagjag and group-on deals too. We use CAA card for a discount. There were fridges in our rooms, so we brought drinks / fruit / yogurts, etc along with PB and Jam with bread to help with the costs. I also remember bringing microwaveable items. It's so much fun. When my DD's were younger they liked the story time in the evening. They would get their pj's on and listen to story telling.
Have fun!

Thanks so much for your help. It will be GWL for sure as the reason we're going is because friends from California just decided to come to NF for a few days on an east coast tour so we want to stay where they are. I appreciate your suggestions to call for a possible discount and also about bringing our own food. We'll do some of that for sure!

We go about once a year and find that one night is really all you need. You can check in as early as 1 pm - bring your swim stuff as you can use the water park even if your room isn't ready. The next day you can use the water park past checkout time as well. No need to bring towels but remember flip flops or water shoes for everyone! Story time is a must do. My boys love the wand game as well.

Definitely bring snacks and drinks. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. No microwave popcorn allowed. We also have brought breakfast stuff in the past. The restaurant is expensive and the food is not exceptional, but the convenience is great. You may wish to consider going off site for dinner, however, NF will be quite busy in July. We have done both and I wouldn't say we have a preference.

Signing up for their email list is a good way to access offers. Have fun!

You wont regret GWL, it is certainly expensive but imo it is worth it. We used to go quite a bit when our kids were younger. The first time we went, we ate in the restaurant but my kids were so tired from all the activity, they almost fell asleep at the table-after that I learned to bring along our meals for the room. Not my fav but it works great with very sleepy children. One thing they just loved was the talking tree in the lobby and the story time in that same area. It is animatronic and so are some of the animals. there was also a scavenger hunt thingy that they did once that was extra but fun. I agree with sportel above with the one night is all you need. It is pretty busy on Fridays tho so factor that in. You are going in July so the outdoor area will be open as well and that helps with crowds.
As far as deals go, I have been signed up for years to the email club and they are few and far between, especially in the summer/weekends. You kind of have to look at it like Disney - pay the admission and then try to save in other areas. Have a blast, I am sure you will!

It's really hard to get discounts for Saturday nights. Right now if you are on their e-mail list there are discounts up until July 24th but no weekend availability. If someone who is going works for a large company you can check to see if they have a corporate discount. My company has a code for 15% off (you need work ID or I'd provide you with the code).
Food is expensive but I find almost every restaurant in Niagara Falls expensive. I'll second the recommendation for flip flops. We went in November and didn't think to bring any and it completely sucked walking around in our boots.

Speaking of eats you can find cheap(ish) places to eat at the falls - just not near the falls. My family's go to spot is Pho Xyclo, which is in a strip plaza S of the Fallsview hotel cluster.

Thanks so much everyone! We're going to be there on a Monday night so I'll keep my eyes open for a deal but also be prepared to pay full price if needed. I like the idea of bringing breakfast items as well as some snacks and even lunch stuff. We're meeting friends there who are visiting from California so I'm guessing we'll be going out for supper so I'll budget for that too.

Thanks again for all your input and insight. Greatly appreciated!!

Sobeys is close by so I picked up a chicken dinner then some buns and brought a small mayo jar and made up chicken sandwiches for lunch the next day. You get salad too with their deal so 2 meals for a little money. I've done all three water parks in Niagara and GWL is by far the best. It reminds me of Disney. The mini golf is lots of fun too.

As long as you don't eat by the falls, there are decent restaurants. We loved the syndicate on Lundys lane. They have a $22 3 course meal which is amazing. All local organic food

I just got this email for a TWO night discount, I know you are looking at one night but thought I would pass this along, just in case. Check it out on the website if you have not booked or want to change your ressie

800.605.WOLF (9653)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Save on Summer Getaways at Great Wolf Lodge
WS_HeaderPawDivider.jpg

Save 15% on a Two Night Stay.
spacer.gif

View Available Suites
WS_tagIcon.jpg
Use this promo code
SAVINGS
WS_CalendarIcon.jpg
Stay Dates
06/01/15 - 09/06/2015*
Maximum two-night stay.
Valid on all suites.
WS_ClockIcon.jpg
LIMITED AVAILABILITYMust book by 09/06/2015.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter