OT - framing sports jersey

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by imsayin, Jan 18, 2008.

1. imsayin

imsayin DIS Veteran

May 27, 2004
    DS wants one of his soccer jerseys framed. Has anyone ever done this? I googled this and found many frames $100-$250. That is not my price range. This is a kids jersey being framed just for fun. How can I do it cheaply? Can I use any frame? Ideally, I'd like to have the jersey & a picture of him in the frame. Any ideas?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Adi12982

Adi12982 DIS Veteran

Oct 3, 2006
    Do you have an ACMoore near you?? They do custom framing and always have 50% off coupons in their weekly mailer and online.
  4. kjs1976

kjs1976 Thanks for the magic, Walt!

Jun 15, 2001
    I'd like to know this too as DH has an autographed baseball jersey he's wanted to get framed for a while. I'd love to get it done as a first father's day gift and would like to know where to get it done well for the least amout of $$$!!!
  5. jstbcuz

jstbcuz DIS Veteran

Dec 27, 2004
    Hobby Lobby has these frames and sometimes 50% off.
  6. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Oct 21, 2003
    You may be able to find a standard frame that will fit the jersey. For DD, for Christmas, I bought a 12 x 12 shadow box frame and put her first year competition suit, her first year team medal, and her first pair of goggles (from swim team, of course). I put a piece of "water" paper on the background, instead of leaving it white (I noticed they come with either black or white backgrounds). Some maybe something like this would work for you.... but it would probably be deeper than you need. FWIW, I bought it about a week before Christmas at ACMoore, on sale for about $12. Good luck with this................P