OT: Do Mead Trapper Keepers still exist?

I bought a Mead 5-star zippered binder for my DS at Staples yesterday on sale for $9.99 (reg $13.99). It is black and olive green, has a zipper pouch on the outside and a folder like holder inside the cover with three dividers in addition to the three binder rings. They had other colors as well. I think it will work well for him in 7th grade. I hope his teachers don't send it home as not accepted!

Thanks for the info!

UMTerp

Children's Place has them, too - at least something similar. I can't remember how much they are, but they're basically the exact same thing as a Trapper Keeper and a decent quality, too.

I bought DD12 the Mead 5 star class keeper last year. The binder rings get messed up quite quickly unfortunately. This year I'll be spending the extra money on the special binders with rings that don't get messed up (I'm using such technical terms LOL) The rings are made differently so they have a male and female part :) instead of teeth that interlock. Hope that makes sense.

ETA I just checked Staples website and they have 3" Gap Free binders for around $7-12 not bad AT ALL!!!

If you have any empty printer ink cartridges, bring them to Staples for recycling and they will give you a $3 coupon for each cartridge, to be used on anything in the store. (It's good for 1 month from date issued.)

Also, only one coupon can be redeemed per purchase, so don't bring in more empty cartridges for coupons than you can use in a month. (Some cashiers will let you make a couple of separate purchases & use a coupon for each purchase. But no stacking of coupons on one purchase. :p )

Our school system banned TK as well and the teachers I know said it was because of the velcro closure. Now, yes, that seems silly as the sound isn't too loud but imagine 25 kids doing it all day and I can see how it would get on your nerves. I think the similar ones now do not have velcro closures.

My son is terrible about losing things so I bought him click pens so he wouldn't lose all the caps and the teacher sent home a note asking he use standard Bic pens w/lids because his "clicking" habit distracted the other kids, lol.

Hi, OP here! DD10 and DH decided on some sort of 3", 3 ring binder from Staples that zips shut on three sides. I still think they should have waited until back-to-school sales really go into high gear. Thanks for all the information...

they have some zip 3 ring binders at disneyshopping.com (tink, kim impossible, pirates, and power rangers)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter