OT - Christmas Elves

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by T. Lynn, May 24, 2008.

1. T. Lynn

T. Lynn ...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)

Last year "Buddy" came to visit my daughter over Christmas and she was sad when he had to leave. Well, I was thinking of having him take a week off from Santa's workshop and join us for our weeks vacation to Knoebels.

I noticed before that some posters mentioned him having a summer break as well and coming back to visit their child. Did anyone type up some kind of letter for his arrival?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know DD would love to open the camper door at Knoebels and see him sitting there!

2. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Very cute idea! A definate thought for next year as to not pack the elves away amongst all the Christmas boxes up in the attic!
    Have fun!

3. T. Lynn

T. Lynn ...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)

Ok, here is what I came up with so far. Let me know if you see anything that can be changed. I'd like to use kid or elf terms...well, you know what I mean.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Cayla: (buddy spells her name wrong all the time)

Are you happy to see me?

Santa said I needed a little vacation because I looked a little exhausted from working so hard and doing all my chores. He mentioned that he saw you at K’mart & Walmart and you were asking about me - so he suggested that it would be nice for me to come visit you for the week.

I’ve never been to Knoebels before. My friend “Bernard” said it was really fun and I’m gonna love it here.

Love

BUDDY

4. I Believe n Fairies

I Believe n Fairies Mouseketeer

That sounds great!! Our elf, Mr. Snow, made a visit the week of my dd's birthday in April. He came with a letter along the same lines as your letter. Mr. Snow was up to his old tricks as soon as he returned. She had a sleepover and one little girl was a little afraid of our sweet elf. He surprised the girls by completely rolling our living room in toilet paper.

I expect that he may make one moew visit before Christmas. We love our elf and really enjoy our time he is here.