OT-Can you return beauty products?

akmom

Mouseketeer
I bought some lipstick today for my daughter's dance recital. It is horrendous. It was only $2.99, but I was wondering, can you return these kinds of things? I got it from CVS.

CVS here in Virginia used to have a try it and return it program. I haven't purchased make-up from CVS in years though.

If you still have the receipt, I'd try to return it. Never hurts to try!

Good luck!

I buy Aveda products and I know if there's something you don't like, they'll take it back. But, for 2.99, I think I would forget it. With the price of gas it would cost me 2.99 to get to the store and back!:eek:

hehehehe...i see that point, but cvs is about 2 seconds from me. I might be too busy to get there, we'll see. Just irritated me at the because I was in a rush and it sure looked red to me! Not hot pink. hahaha

hehehehe...i see that point, but cvs is about 2 seconds from me. I might be too busy to get there, we'll see. Just irritated me at the because I was in a rush and it sure looked red to me! Not hot pink. hahaha
As far as I know, CVS still has their use it and return it policy.

You should be able to return it with no problem. Just make sure you have the receipt, and if possible the original packaging it came in or UPC code that was on it. Especially if it hasn't been used, why would you not be able to return it? These days it seems you can return almost anything.

After high school I worked at WalMart and for a short time after Christmas I handled returns. You would not believe the stuff people tried to return - and for the most part were successful! Things with other store's price tags on them, obviously worn clothing and shoes, electronics and small appliances that were several years old and obviously used, books that had been read, broken items, dead plants... my goodness, a new lipstick should be a piece of cake to return!

I don't get it. Certainly CVS is not going to be able to do anything with a lipstick you've already used. Why would they give you the 3 bucks and throw the product away? I understand if you return something and the merchant can resell it. But this doesn't make sense. If you chose a "horrendous" color why is it their responsiblity? (Or, ultimately, the rest of us, since we're the one who pay the higher prices that cover this kind of loss).

I did returns for a store several years ago. If you have the original package the store will file a claim with the manafacturer for their refund. So do not hesitate to take it back.

I only use Mary Kay products now and your consultant will give you a sample to use before buying. She will also exchange anything you are not happy with. They use much the same policy as above.

I don't get it. Certainly CVS is not going to be able to do anything with a lipstick you've already used. Why would they give you the 3 bucks and throw the product away? I understand if you return something and the merchant can resell it. But this doesn't make sense. If you chose a "horrendous" color why is it their responsiblity? (Or, ultimately, the rest of us, since we're the one who pay the higher prices that cover this kind of loss).

They will send it back to the manufacturer who will give the store credit for them. If you read the OPs postings, she did not intentionally chose a "horrendous" color - she chose a color that looked red. Lipstick shades can be very deceiving.

Quite a few stores have a return policy for make-up because very few people want to use the samples in the store (if there are even samples available).

..because that's their policy,and it makes their customers happy ;)

I'm actually about to return some Bare Minerals products back to Sephora. I ordered them online and they turned out to be too dark. I was in Sephora buying the colors I wanted and the Sephora girl just said bring the items I don't want back with my online recipient for a store credit! I'm so excited:cool1: Have to love Sephora return policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter