OT-Busch gardens area

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by dpratt68, Feb 23, 2008.

1. dpratt68

dpratt68 DIS Veteran

I know this is off topic but I need your help. We are travelling to Tampa in a few weeks and I don't know the area well. I presently have the Hilton Garden Inn booked in Temple Terrace (north of busch gardens). Today Hotwire emails me deals in this area. I can get a 3 star customer favorite in this area for $125/night. I am presently paying $180 for a junior suite. Both come with breakfast.
    I guess my biggest concern is is there a bad area of Temple Terrace? Is 3 star and customer favorite a pretty safe bet?
    What would you do? It's $200 I would save but I want decent hotel too.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sympatico

sympatico DIS Veteran

4. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

Have you considered a vacation home ? If travelling to that area I would be really tempted to stay in Sarasota.

5. ccvb

ccvb Earning My Ears

I used to live in the apartments beside that Hilton Garden Inn. That hotel is really nice. As far as it being a bad part of town, it didn't used to be. It's right off the interstate and pretty close to Busch. We had seasons passes when we lived there and went all the time.

6. dpratt68

dpratt68 DIS Veteran

I went on to trip advisor after getting good reports on another board about the embassy suites right next to Busch gardens. This seems like a great property. Right now I am leaning this way. Any opinions??

7. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

I got through Hotwire the Tampa Grand suites,I think Hotwire had it at 3 stars.It's a nice hotel that used to be a Doubletree,it's on N 30th st almost at the intersection with Fowler,so it's like a 3 minute drive to the park.The area around the park has never been great,but the hotel itself is definitely worth the $79 we got it for.