OT: All Inclusives

jenkh

DIS Veteran
Hey All!

I'm looking for some advice... Counting down the days till my next disney vacation (135 and counting :cool1: ). But in the grand tradition of stopping the "vacations over blues", i'm starting to look into our next vacation and hopefully have it booked soon before or after we go.

My parents really want to do an all inclusive. (well more my dad, but we owe him... we've killed him with walking and our go go go attitudes in both disney and vegas)

But the choices are just.. WOW.. I mean where do I even start. There's so many places, cuba, trinidad, barbados etc etc. And then the numerous choices within each place.

Were hoping to do this for about 700 CND a person (but is not set in stone) If anyone can give any help/recommendations/websites/personal experiences... I'd be really grateful. :thumbsup2

Jen, check out www.sunwing.ca on tuesdays after 4:00 till wednesday midnight-they have "wild wednesday" specials that are really good. I know a person who works there and she ended up booking one for herself because at the time it was cheaper than her employee discount. Also, the local newspapers (Sun and Star) have good travel sections on the weekend with tons of sell offs and book ahead specials so that is a great place to start researching. Good luck and have fun :sunny:

You don't want Trinidad, Barbados is very expensive. Cuba I loved but I was in Havana not the "tourist" areas. I've heard good things about Varadero. Try to stay at a resort not owned by the Cuban government. I've stayed at one of the Riu resorts near Cancun and would recommend them 100%. Riu Tequila was great and cheaper than the others.

Thanks AlohaMom and Sean!

I've been looking at Sunwing and found some amazing places in the 1000-1100 range. And I'm looking into Veradero, and it looks beautiful. Thanks for the tips, now I feel like I'm starting to get my head wrapped around this thing.

Anyone else got any recommendations or stay away froms?

Check out what's available on www.skyauction.com. You have to watch the add on fees for various dates and the taxes go on top of your winning bid, but everything is spelled out for you. DH and I went to a decent (not great, not scary, but relaxing and enjoyable) resort in the Dominican Republic for $60 per person per night. Airfare was higher, of course, but the hotel savings made up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter