Orlando resorts- which to choose??

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by princess stich, Nov 28, 2012.

1. princess stich

princess stich DIS Veteran

We will be going to Orlando for Spring Break next year & doing Universal & other Orlando/non Disney Park things. We will be using timeshare points from my in laws. For our dates, the following resorts came up as available:

LiKi Tiki Village, Winter Garden

Marriott's Grand Vista Resort, Orlando

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista

Legacy Vacation Club, Orlando

The Village has a 2 bedroom available, the rest have 1 bedroom with a queen size role out couch.

I'm going to do some research on all of the choices but thought I would throw it out to see what opinions everyone had on them. We have only stayed on property and aren't familiar with any of them.

So...what do you think?? (By the way, 2 adults, 2 kids- 12 and 9).

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. highwayg

highwayg Mouseketeer

Wow, I could have written your post..word for word...kids are even the same ages! I have been wondering the same thing!

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

would go for the marriott - although it is closer to seaworld than Disney

5. jeff968

jeff968 DIS Veteran

The marriott, they provide a high standard of vacation experience. Have fun.

6. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

I agree. The Marriott. Liki Tiki is a long haul to Universal.

Sheila

7. figment814

figment814 Mouseketeer

I've only stayed at Grande Vista with my DBF, no kids...but I wouldn't hesitate to bring kids there.

It is a beautiful, modern resort. I have been impressed with the staff and the property.

We had two unfortunate experiences when we there last time: unruly guests and a backed up drain/sewer. Both were handled professionally and with excellent customer service. I felt they really cared about our experience. How a business reacts in the negative is more telling than how they react in the positive.

DBF can't wait to be at Grande Vista again...I like to try new things, so I am hoping to stay at one of the Sheraton properties, but if they aren't available, I wouldn't hesitate to head back to Grande Vista.

8. MattM

MattM DIS Veteran

Marriott Grand Vista.

9. Ametista

Ametista DIS Veteran

I have stayed at Blue Tree, give it a pass. It is older and has no elevator, and it was extremely small. The one bedroom was just big enough for me and my 6 year old.

I just stayed at Legacy Vacation Club a few weeks ago. It was ok, but the bathroom was dated and the pool area was pretty lame (a rectangle, that was it.) Not resort like at all, the pool area.

Marriott's Grand Vista is superb although it would be better if you could get Cypress Harbour (cooler pools) but GV is very nice too.

I have not stayed at Liki Tiki but it gets pretty good reviews. I would be tempted with the 2nd bedroom for the kids!

10. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

The only one that we've stayed at on your list is Grand Vista. It was nice. It's a pretty big resort. They have a nice I door playground to use. That was nice for us since it rained a lot during our trip.

The pools were nice but there was no pool slide at any of the pools.

It's pretty much right across the street from Sea World.

11. Hemlock

Hemlock DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

12. luckycharliegirl

luckycharliegirl Mouseketeer

I'm in a similiar position for February. Marriot is high on my list as is Bluetree. I've stayed there once before and loved it. Small resort, cozy, and beautiful room. I spent one day going thru my book at my options, looked them up on TripAdvisor and eliminated what did not get good reviews. Just an idea if you a lot of spare time!