Orlando airport breakfast options

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by lorenni, Apr 22, 2013.

1. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

Assuming all goes according to plan, we'll be arriving in Orlando pretty early on the morning of our cruise - about 8:30am. Can anyone recommend a place to have a sit down breakfast at the airport? I would rather not hop the first DCL bus and sit at the cruise terminal from 9:30-12:00 with an antsy toddler. Might as well kill 45 minutes with a solid meal while still at the airport.

I was thinking maybe the Hyatt?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

What airline? Depending on what you're flying, you've got some additional options through security.

4. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

5. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

The first bus won't get you there until about 10:40 or so. Port does not officially open until 11:00. Boarding begins about 11:30-11:45.

Lunch is served as soon as you get onboard.

But, if you want to eat in the airport then the Hyatt and a nice restaurant and there is a food court in the airport with many fast food offerings. There is also a Starbucks (our choice for quick breakfast the morning of the cruise) right outside the Hyatt.

MJ

6. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

We'll be flying Southwest. I can't eat gluten so fast food is pretty much a non-starter for me. I would guess 90% of my accidental gluten incidents have been due to me starving in airports during business travel and eating something I hoped was safe! ;)

If the Hyatt has a breakfast option and the first bus doesn't leave for an hour or so after we land, then that sounds like a good idea. How far is the Hyatt from the bus?

7. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

8. luvslikepi

luvslikepi DIS Veteran

We had breakfast in the food court just this week and it was typical fast food fare but hit the spot and kept us going until lunch. There is ample seating and shopping in the area and my little one loved to watch the fish in the small aquarium in the center of the food court. The Hyatt is maybe a 5-8 minute walk from the shuttle area.

9. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that Hyatt menu - looks perfect. The problem with fast food is that even the breakfast (or lunch or dinner) meats often have wheat in them ("modified food starch" is not my friend).

The Hyatt's omelets should do the trick!