Organizing 101/ July - Bathrooms

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
We have gotten off track here so I'm jumping back in with the room we all know and love, especially those of us with boys.

The Bathroom, Potty, Loo, Water Closet, Comfort Station, Privy, or Outhouse.
The place mommies go to escape but must announce to the world that we are going there. The place where no one needs to go until you are in the shower.

Goal - provide a clean well organized space
Treat - new hand towels, bubble bath, lotion

Declutter
- Empty cupboards and medicine cabinets; toss expired and outdated items
- Group like things together, such as toiletries, prescriptions, and cleaning products.
- Remove used towels and dirty clothes. Put in a basket for the laundry.
- Minimize number of beauty products.

Clean
- Delime and clean showerhead
- Vacuum and clean shelves, drawers, floors, baseboards, walls, and ceiling
- Clean tub and shower walls with a degreaser to remove body oils.
- Use denture brush and all purpose cleaner around the tub, sink fixtures, tile grout, and the tracks of sliding shower doors.
- Clean bathmats, shower curtains, and throw rugs.

Maintain
- Create travel or sleep-over kits by placing extra toothbrushes and sample size soaps, shampoos, and other toiletries in ziploc bags.
- Use clear plastic storage bins on shelves to group and hold lotions, medicines, and other personal- care items.
- Keep a shower caddy stocked with soap, shampoo, conditioners; store refills elsewhere
- Put up extra bars or door hooks to encourage family members to hang towels. OK who else finds that hilarious?

Tips
lime and calcium deposit remover. I use the Works, it really does work. It can be found at Walmart with the other toilet bowl cleaners. I use the toilet cleaner on the sink around the handles, I found it works better than the spray.

Happy Cleaning!

Oh and if anyone is interested June was the Dining Room. Uh yeah lets not go there ok. You think my kitchen looked bad, the dining room is where everything went that we salvaged from the flood in the basement. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

OKay I am jumping in and putting a post in for a list of who finishes. I am not starting on this till the 14th but I will get this done. These are the 2 rooms in the house that don't tend to get away from me and we always keep a minimal amount of things on hand.

Rebecca

Who has finished the tasks:

I plan on doing this room tomorrow... we only have 1 too!!! :)

BAMB, were you and I on the same wavelength again? I was just thinking about this about 2AM when the darn cat wanted to go out.... "wow, we haven't done our organization tasks"...

Only to get up this morning and you posted!! Yeah!!!
Dining room... shoot me that list.. I need to get that room done this month too....

I will jump back in with a caveat - I don't do bathrooms. The tub and shower area is DH's job, always has been. I tried to do it once when we were first together and he told me I was doing it "wrong" so that became his job for life. I actually married a guy that LOVES to clean, so he does all the gross stuff, I just have to worry about clutter and light cleaning. And I'm really quite bad about keeping up on that - luckily he cuts me lots of slack!

I'd like to see the Dining room list too. Not that I'm going to necessarily do it anytime soon, but I'll take a look at it!

Woohoo! Bathroom is done! I just did mine yesterday morning. Took advantage of the day off to scrub the master and a quick over on the guest since no one ever uses it. (The condo is new, just constructed and moved in in November - I don't think the guest room shower has been turned on except to be sure it works!)

Uck! I hate cleaning the bathroom. Having THREE boys in the house makes for really gross sinks and toilets. And I have THREE bathrooms that they totally make a mess of, each and everyone.

Hang towels? What is that? I'm lucky if I can get them to carry their clothes down with them when they are done.

So, what is our motivation this month? I'm gonna still do it, but I really like the motivations. :love:

I don't know what title- what would you like? We had some good ideas but I don't remember what they were.

Rebecca

Okay since I get so much more done when I post what I am doing here are my plans for today:
1. get both loads of laundry done
2. Replace travel toiletries and pack them.
3. Find a place for my new toys from CXC.
4. Get nieces page done.
5. Get boxes ready to mail for MK Swap (hopefully the last packages will arrive when the mail comes).
6. Finish slides
7. empty dishwasher

Rebecca

EEEEWWWWWW. Do we HAVE to clean the bathroom??? They are my least favorite room and DH usually does the tubs. I told myself I was going to organize the linen closets in Sept, when I quit my job and stay home with the kiddos! :cool1: But perhaps, with this motivational thread, I will start this month. I said perhaps, don't hold me to it.

HEY!! You are here! We've been worried about you.
Have you checked in on your special thread on the main board?

You all would not want to see my list... it's an entire front side of a stenographer piece of paper...

I have accomplished 4 things..
Got beds med...
Packed the kids for Grams
Helped DD finish her ABC Zoo book...and it looks pretty good...
DD packed scrapbooking project to complete at grams.. might as well share that headache!

I finished :laundy: yesterday...
but I have towels to do today.. :(

OK, I will attempt this one. I have 3 bathrooms, so it may take some time. I think the hardest part will be organizing the closet in the first floor bathroom - :scared:

Okay, this is why I shouldn't clean!

I decided to start on the half bath this afternoon. I decided to wash the curtains - a first. I just went to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer and discovered that the curtains have been torn to shreds! The part that you put the rod through is completely unraveled. Since I don't sew, that means new curtains. ARGH!

:rotfl: Sorry.

Did you know that linen look shower curtains that say "dry clean only" really should only be dry cleaned? I just took mine out of the dryer. They won't even fit a window now.

I so feel your pain.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way, AWM, but that totally made me feel better!

Look at all the damage this thread has caused today! To all of you who haven't started yet - CLEAN WITH CAUTION!

I have bleach spots on a black shirt from doing my bathroom yesterday. Not sure how it happened though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter