ordering off of children's menu at BOG?

maiapapaya

Totally DIS-tracted!
I just snagged a dinner reservation at BOG for our trip in 2 weeks! (BTW, a few people on facebook reported getting reservations this morning and I tried and got one too - maybe they added more into the system today?) Anyways ... I was just checking out the dinner menus and I don't see a lot that DD12 would be interested in. We are paying for this meal OOP. Will she be able to order from the kid's menu, there's definitely a few things on it that I know she would eat.

This is a good question that I'd like to know information about also.

After 2 disastrously inedible entrees were served to my Dad at BOG, they had no problem getting him a grilled cheese and fries. They doubled the order and the price to make it an adult portion.

After 2 disastrously inedible entrees were served to my Dad at BOG, they had no problem getting him a grilled cheese and fries. They doubled the order and the price to make it an adult portion.

I don't mind paying more if it's something she will eat, but your comment about "2 disastrously inedible entrees" is a bit concerning! :scared:

I don't mind paying more if it's something she will eat, but your comment about "2 disastrously inedible entrees" is a bit concerning! :scared:

BOG dinner is a phenomenal ambiance and experience. The castle, meeting Beast and the CMs are as good as you'll find at WDW.

The food quality is pathetic. Just my 2 cents though, I'm sure others have had different experiences.

BOG dinner is a phenomenal ambiance and experience. The castle, meeting Beast and the CMs are as good as you'll find at WDW.

The food quality is pathetic. Just my 2 cents though, I'm sure others have had different experiences.

Sorry you had a bad experience, so disappointing with all the build up of trying to get a reservation! I've been reading reviews on Tripadvisor and it's a bit of a mixed bag. I'm hoping that someone is more likely to post about a negative experience (to express their disappointment and give others a heads up) than someone with a positive experience, and hope the odds are in our favor on our night!

You definitely can order off the children's menu. The children's servings are somewhat small for a hungry adult, but would be fine (in my opinion) if you aren't terribly hungry.

I personally ordered off the adult menu and loved it. I had steak and the CM suggested the macaroni and cheese and it was so delicious.

My son isn't always a huge eater, but can be. He got the grilled cheese and French fries and ate everything! So I'm guessing he liked it. If he doesn't - he takes a bite and is done.

Good to know, thanks! DD12 can have a good appetite, but fortunately for her DD9 isn't a big eater, so I'm sure she can find something extra off of her sister's plate if she isn't satisfied by her portion!

We have had good lunch experiences at BOG but not dinner (sorry!). Out of 3 times we have eaten dinner there, all were bad. We kept trying to give it another chance, but not anymore.

For our upcoming trip I got a FP for lunch and I actually ordered off of the kids menu (you can choose your meal ahead of time with the FP). The slow roasted pork is the same food as the adult menu, just less of it! I don't like a heavy lunch, so a kids' portion is just fine for me!

I guess the only restriction with ordering off of the kids' menu would be if you have the dining plan. They will use one kids' meal credit for each kids' meal ordered.

If an adult orders off the kids menu, does he also get to order a drink and dessert from the adult menu (if you're using an adult DDP credit)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter