Ordering "nothing".......

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dlamb6698, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Dlamb6698

Dlamb6698 Earning My Ears

What happens when you order "nothing" for dessert in main dining rooms

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dlamb6698

Dlamb6698 Earning My Ears

Sorry. I meant for dessert

4. shmoogrrrl

shmoogrrrl <font color=FF6600>Tigger Goddess<br><font color=g

They tell you to have a nice night?

No one is going to force you to eat dessert. :)

5. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

Well my husband said he didn't want anything & the server brought him a plate that had " anything " written in chocolate on the plate with lots of pretty sprinkles ... I think he did this as the rest of us ordered desert ! We had a great laugh .

6. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

They did that for my niece who wanted nothing for dessert

7. tgropp

tgropp DIS Veteran

This also happened to my wife.

8. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Yes, I was once brought a plate with "nothing" written on it in chocolate with sprinkles. I often do not like the desserts so I often just order a mickey bar.

MJ

9. kiford

kiford DIS Veteran

I never ordered dessert and at first got a sad look. But I did usually order a liquer instead so our server used to try to guess what I wanted that night since it was usually different every time. He made a bit of a game out of it. Sometimes had us in stitches especially when he asked for hints.

10. jjje

jjje One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to d

One time one of our table mates was asked what he wanted for desserts and he said "I'm full" so he got a plate with "I'm full" written on it.

11. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

It helps to have a "supportive" family. I tried to avoid dessert one night to skip the calories, and headed back to our room. DH told the waiter our stateroom number, and the waiter delivered dessert to me there.

12. Stacy_C

Stacy_C DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to my son. Here's a picture of his plate:
    [​IMG]

13. buddwaur

buddwaur Earning My Ears

My mom and sister did the Alaska cruise last June. On their first night, they told their head server they would prefer no dessert. So, their waiter surprised them with a big platter of fresh fruit! :goodvibes

14. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

I have done that twice. The first time for my DH who was totally blown away when our server put a covered dish in front of him that had "nothing" written in chocolate sauce. He thought it was great and laughed. We did it again to a friend on our cruise last year, she was totally not expecting it.

It's a lot of fun to do to first time cruisers or non Disboarders.

[​IMG]

15. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Cracking up at the plates!

Our first two nights, our server did the following when none of us ordered dessert: "I never ordered dessert and at first got a sad look."

On the third night, at Royal Palace, our assistant server (who was doing more for us because we had unfortunately gotten there a bit late and our server was doing his other duties) was having NONE of that with me. He absolutely insisted that I MUST have the Grand Marnier souffle, and he was not taking no for an answer. With his wonderful French accent and his charming ways, this came across better than it would have from someone else. I said OK, and he brought it to me. And it was SO good.

DS had ordered the creme brulee from the adult menu, and after he and I were oohing and aahing, DH relented and ordered the souffle as well. So after having nothing (and not even a "nothing" plate) for 2 nights (though we were staying concierge so did have treats during the daytime), we ended on a very very full "high note". :)

If you get Ludovic as your assistant server on the Royal Palace night, make him happy and order the souffle. :)

16. ktb2002

ktb2002 DIS Veteran

Our first Disney cruise ever, the first night my husband ordered nothing, got the plate with nothing in chocolate and sprinkles. The second night my husband said he was full, my son said "me too".... One plate said "I'm full" second plate said "me too" lol