Ordering for entire family at QS locations

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by sweetnjmom, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom DIS Veteran

Can one parent order for their entire party while the other stays with the kid(s) if on the dining plan? Are all the meals linked together? I wasn't sure.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mupt02

mupt02 Mouseketeer

Yes! We do this all the time.

4. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom DIS Veteran

Thanks!!!

5. shell1974

shell1974 Earning My Ears

Good to know :)

6. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

Yes one person can do the ordering. However just do you know, at very busy times at some CS restaurants you can not sit and wait without food.

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

At Be Our Guest (lunch)you won't be able to split up. Your family will stay together to place your order, you'll be given a rose and then you'll find a table. The food will be delivered to you by a CM.

8. sweetnjmom

sweetnjmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. We plan to eat early lunches (prob around 11-11:30 latest) and hopefully since we'll be there at a slower time of year, it won't be so crazy. We shall see.

9. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

Definitely. Our party is just DH and I, but still I usually order for us and he stands back out of the line, just so we don't clog up the line with 2 bodies instead of one.

10. texasroni75

texasroni75 Mouseketeer

Yep we split up at CS locations. DH or I take the smaller kids to the table and grabs the napkins and utensils, while the other person takes the oldest kid with them to order and help carry the food to the table. If you can't get a table until you have food-in-hand, like at Pecos Bills and some other locations, we all go together - crowding the lines, but at least you can be pretty confident there's a free table waiting for you once you have your food.

11. scnrc00

scnrc00 Mouseketeer

This is good to know. We are going on our 1st trip and DH usually takes the kids and grabs a table while I order the food.

12. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Are you going over Thanksgiving? If so, be prepared that you will most likely have to stay together, and have food in hand, before finding a table.

13. gatorgirl2179

gatorgirl2179 Earning My Ears

Yes, it was very helpful to have one of us order the food while the other grabbed the table. Unfortunately there were a few times when a last minute decision had to be made regarding the food but for the most part it was just so much easier to do it this way!