Ordering a Disney gift card to Canada

pigletto

DIS Veteran
I went to my parents house tonight and my mother gave me my birthday gift. A Disney gift card for our upcoming trip:yay:

She ordered it online and chose International Shipping. She paid with a Canadian credit card and it is being delivered to my house in Canada. The reason I am posting about this is that I tried a few different ways to do this and was always under the impression that it couldn't be done! She did have to pay a $25 dollar shipping fee but it's possible. I am sitting here with the confirmation print out to prove it.
So I thought I would mention it in here in case others were also unaware that this had changed.:)

hmmm interesting!

I know! I was so surprised!
$25 is a pretty hefty fee to pay for the International Shipping IMO. So I doubt it's something I would use often. But I have seen people desperately trying to find a way to get a giftcard for a Christmas or Birthday present, or a surprise trip. So at least there is a way to do it now. I wonder when it changed?

I was thinking that buying a gift card would be a great way to take advantage of currency fluctuations, but then get points for my charge card (or cash back) to offset the currency exchange fee ... I'm always looking for some way to save $

And it will be in American funds, not Canadian? That's great.

We're heading back to Niagara Falls next month, so I'm ordering a couple of the "design your own" Disney gift cards to show up at usaddress. One for each kid as a surprise for the next time we go.

And it will be in American funds, not Canadian? That's great.

We're heading back to Niagara Falls next month, so I'm ordering a couple of the "design your own" Disney gift cards to show up at usaddress. One for each kid as a surprise for the next time we go.

Just wondering, your having them sent to??? USADRESS. Is this a place you send shipping items to?

Curious because I have all parcels sent to a US shipping place, but cannot send envelopes there. Have been looking for a place that will accept them. I live in the Falls and am over the border all the time.

Just wanted to add that you can purchase US$ Disney gift cards yourself at Walgreens in the US if you are close enough to the border. This is my way of saving for my trips...whenever I am in Buffalo to shop, I purchase a gift card at Walgreens. You don't notice little $ here and there so much.:thumbsup2

I am also curious to know if anyone has another location to ship items to in the US...Buffalo perhaps? The only one I know about is in NF NY.:scratchin

I use US Addresses all the time but have never used them to ship a gift card. I don't think I've ever seen or heard that they won't, but I've never tried it. I know they have a postal box service so they get mail, but again, not sure on the details.

They are just over the Queenston/Lewiston bridge about 3 minutes from that border.

MedicGoofy, this is the place we use.http://www.usaddressinc.com/index.html
They do respond to email so you could always email or call and ask them. We've always had excellent service with them and know many people that use them regularly.

I use US Addresses all the time but have never used them to ship a gift card. I don't think I've ever seen or heard that they won't, but I've never tried it. I know they have a postal box service so they get mail, but again, not sure on the details.

They are just over the Queenston/Lewiston bridge about 3 minutes from that border.

MedicGoofy, this is the place we use.http://www.usaddressinc.com/index.html
They do respond to email so you could always email or call and ask them. We've always had excellent service with them and know many people that use them regularly.

Thank you for this. I'll look into it. I ship into Niagara Falls, NY a ton. But, they don't take envelopes, as it's regular mail. They can only accept parcels. Which makes getting a gift card there, impossible.

The confirmation says "Ticketinquiries@DisneyOnline.com" and then under "Ticket Type" it says "Disney Gift Card" and "All amounts are in US Dollars". So I am not sure of the link exactly but it's DisneyOnline.com

That may be from the Disneyland site as you can have tickets sent to you via email from them.

That may be from the Disneyland site as you can have tickets sent to you via email from them.

Nope. I just checked it out. If you go on the main disney page.. Disney.com where you would go to price out a vacation, and choose "tickets" in the top bar, it gives you a drop down menu. One of the selections is "Giftcards". From there you select various giftcards in various amounts, and on the next page is an option for $25 dollar international shipping! It was so easy and I can't believe I've never seen it before.
My gift card came today and was ordered on Sunday so it was also pretty quick.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter