Order of Credit Use??

rellabee

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out if the Dining Plan makes sense for my family. I can see several instances where my kids may not eat during the time that we have an ADR. For example, we may only be able to get some ADRS later than they normally eat dinner, resulting in them eating counter service earlier. Or someone could fall asleep in the stroller and nap through dinner. Or someone might be too picky for anything on a particular menu.

If, for some reason, one of my kids (one considered an adult and one considered a child) didn't order anything at a table service meal, will they still charge us for the use of their credit since they are sitting with us at the table??? If they have eaten earlier and are not hungry, can I just order them a beverage and pay for that OOP?? I realize we will all be charged at buffets, whether they eat or not, but am curious about other places such as 50's PT, Whispering Canyon, etc.

If we end up with a random 1 adult and 1 child TS credit, can I still schedule say a TS breakfast for the last day of our stay, and use the 2 credits and pay for 2 adult meals OOP??

I will only be using child credits for the child.....I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth paying for the DP or not --- will Disney truly let me use the credits in any order? If my older child's TS credit will be "lost" if he doesn't order anything because he is too picky, that has a fairly large value that I need to weigh against the value of the plan.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

If, for some reason, one of my kids (one considered an adult and one considered a child) didn't order anything at a table service meal, will they still charge us for the use of their credit since they are sitting with us at the table???
At regular restaurants, no; at buffets and prix fixe meals, yes.

If we end up with a random 1 adult and 1 child TS credit, can I still schedule say a TS breakfast for the last day of our stay, and use the 2 credits and pay for 2 adult meals OOP??
Yes. You don't need to use the credits in any specific order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter