Orbitz theme park tickets

cityofgold

Earning My Ears
Orbitz has a promo buy 3 days and get 2 free. Will I be able to link to my disney experience and reserve fast pass? So excited to get 25% + 15% off my room.

Yes. We did this in April. I was able to call back and request the Disney confirmation number and get it linked right away. Sometimes you need to be persistent and get the right operator. Some might not know. Then you just call back and get someone who does. Sorry I can't remember exactly what you ask for or what to say, but it's easy and I got everything linked in a matters of minutes with tickets and room reservation.

I went ahead and booked this as well, but we really want 7 day park hopper passes. I imagine that when we get there we could upgrade, but I would really love to have it all squared away beforehand. While I'm waiting for all this to go through the system, do you think I can call or do it on-line?

It is interesting that I called Disney and they had no discounted Beach Club rooms left for the dates I wanted. Zip. Orbitz did, apparently! Gosh, I hope this all works!

I really wanted the 7 day park hoper with water park also. I wonder if I can call to upgrade our tickets or do I have to wait until we get there?

I purchased my tickets yesterday and called today to get the confirmation code and after talking to two different people I still don't have the code. I may wait until alittle later to try again. :confused3

did you ever get the code? I am still waiting for mine to pop up on my travel page

I had to call 3 times in 2 days and send a email to finally get the code, but I finally got it. Be persistent.

My Disney ticket number showed up in about 5 days. I noticed it in an email or when I logged into Orbitz and checked my account....can't remember which. I was then able to use that number to link the tickets on MDE.

I still haven't called to try to add more days. Fingers crossed that works!

hoping to get this! Orbit website says it ends to buy on 3/30, and must use by end of August, perfect!!

I purchased my tickets yesterday and called today to get the confirmation code and after talking to two different people I still don't have the code. I may wait until alittle later to try again. :confused3

I just did the same thing for our March trip. It's definitely a good savings, but was a bit of a pain to link them to My Disney Experience. I had to call and have them linked. I was told by an extremely helpful cast member that it takes a few days because Orbitz has to actually call them in. I booked December 31st, so there was a delay due to the holiday. It took a while on the phone also. I was told though that Orbitz was the most diligent of the outside vendors in calling in regularly.

But now they are linked and I get to make my FP+ ressies tomorrow! :cool1:

Hello all-
I am looking at the orbitz deal as well-the "details" say you get an email but must print the voucher and present at gate to gain admission? My question is does the email number link into the MDE or do you need to get a physical ticket at the gate with the number code on it? From the other sites it says the email will work-if this is the same deal being discussed... It is a better deal than even the mousesavers link to UT, but it is making me nervous(too good of a deal to be true lol-needing to add a day due to flights and was wanting to try a different resort-even if for only a day)...will need to make FP+ selections as soon as I am able as we will be there on a SWW:) Thanks for the hand holding!!

never used Orbitz, is this safe? 2k is a lot of money to lose...newbie here, be gentle,lol.

We've used Ebates and Orbitz in combination many times and they are real and safe. Just heed the advice of the other posters and call Orbitz to get the actual Disney confirmation number for your tickets and get the address changed to you for the room.
Mike

We booked hotel and tickets through Orbitz with no problems. We did later cancel the hotel because we found a deal that was better for us, and also had no problems there--got our refund promptly.

For the bookings, our experience was that you only need to call if you are travelling with a child and booking a hotel room. Orbitz's system counts kids as adults and charges you extra for them, so when you book you need to book for two people to get the right rate. Then call Orbitz (not Disney) and have them add any children to the reservation.

For the tickets, we got an email fromOrbitz five days after purchase just like they promised. It had the code to enter on MDE so we could link our tickets, book FP, etc. Worked well and easily. It does note on there that you still have to go to Will Call and pick up the tickets before you can be admitted to the parks. I'm not totally sure why that is since they have them linked up, but it seems like a minor inconvenience.

I booked my room only through orbitz and then bought tickets separately through orbitz as well. I didn't want to do a package with them in case I had to cancel the room for some reason. With just the room you can cancel up to a few days before with no penalty. I actually called disney to see if they could match the prices and they said no. The CM said Disney gives orbitz blocks of rooms to sell and everything is legit. I had no problems linking my room to my disney account. I did make the reservation for two and them called to add my children on. I knew this from the posts on this board. otherwise if you put in your children you will end up paying for them. The rep at orbitz tried to tell me I had to cancel and rebook and I told her no she just has to call Disney and add them on as they should be free. She did it with no problems. I had to set up magical express myself but not a big deal. You do have to change the address for your magic bands order. It defaults to orbitz address.
For the tickets it took about 4 days to get the code to link it to my Disney account. It linked fine and I was able to make all my FP selections. My question now is do I really need to pick up any physical tickets? I wouldn't think so since I have them linked to my magic band.
I would use orbitz again. I got a great deal with the extra ornitz coupon off the already discounted room.

I have been doing quite a bit of research on the boards about the activities discount through Ebates with the Orbitz buy 3 get 2 promo. I have seen where the 20% ebates activities promotion seems to come out in mid-Feb. My trip starts on February 24th. I am contemplating holding out on buying tickets to see if that discount comes true again this year. If I do get the magical 20% ebates discount, how long beforehand do you have to order? If the discount isn't available until the 20th will I still be OK with getting the voucher that soon before my trip? Will I just link my magic bands when I get there?

I don't know exactly how long before you have to order, but I can tell you that I tried today (Sunday) for tix on a trip starting Tuesday and it was a no-go. So don't wait until you're too close.

Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter