Orbitz split booking at one resort

shoreward

DIS Veteran
When booking a stay at a single resort, splitting the duration of the stay into two separate reservations will allow Orbucks earned from the first booking of the stay to be applied toward the cost of the second reservation.

It works out best to book the majority of nights for the first booking, thereby providing the greatest immediate redemption value for the second reservation.

In example, a stay for seven consecutive nights at a resort is broken up into booking #1 for nights 1-6 and booking #2 for night #7. Orbucks earned from reservation #1 can immediately be used toward the second reservation, which covers night #7. If the Orbitz promo code requires a minimum two-night stay, then it can be split into nights 1-5 and 6-7.

As long as the same type of room is available for the entire duration of stay, there do not seem to be any drawbacks, other than possibly having to go to the the front desk to formally check in for the second reservation. Orbitz can notify the resort that the two reservations should be linked, so that a change of room would not be required. With online check-in, a stop at the front desk for the second check-in may not even be required.

Last edited:
Just remember what that does to you FP windows ... If that's somehing that matters to you.

There is a chance that you will have to move rooms, even if you have the same type and booked them at the same time. I booked a split stay through Orbitz with two nights at AKV and 3 nights at BWV, my kids (son and daughter-in-law) and I knew almost from the first day it was not going to be enough time. When we checked into BWV we asked about adding a night on. They said they couldn't do it since we had booked through Orbitz and I would just have to call the Disney booking line, they could see that there was another room available, same type of room we had with same view. I called the WDW booking line and added the room on but we had to change rooms for that last night. Just so you know, the possibility exists you might have to change rooms even if you booked at the same time.

Just remember what that does to you FP windows ... If that's somehing that matters to you.
The room reservations are made online, one right after the other. I have not had any problems. The Disney confirmation numbers are available almost immediately after booking with Orbitz, at which time, I then add them to MDE.

The room reservations are made online, one right after the other. I have not had any problems. The Disney confirmation numbers are available almost immediately after booking with Orbitz, at which time, I then add them to MDE.
Right, but would you be able to book FP for the entire stay 60 days from checkin of the first ressie? Or would you have to wait for the second half until that first day is 60 days out? For someone anxious to get A&E, that could make all the difference - since you often have to book the end of your trip to get them

Right, but would you be able to book FP for the entire stay 60 days from checkin of the first ressie? Or would you have to wait for the second half until that first day is 60 days out? For someone anxious to get A&E, that could make all the difference - since you often have to book the end of your trip to get them
As long as the reservations are back to back, you can book FP's for the entire stay 60 days before check-in at the first resort. I made my FP's last week and had a three way split -- one DVC rental, followed by two separate Orbitz reservations. I was able to make reservations for the entire trip 60 days out.

As long as the reservations are back to back, you can book FP's for the entire stay 60 days before check-in at the first resort. I made my FP's last week and had a three way split -- one DVC rental, followed by two separate Orbitz reservations. I was able to make reservations for the entire trip 60 days out.
Good to know. I wouldn't have thought the system would allow that.

That has been my experience, as well. Thanks for confirming.

Being able to make immediate use of the earned Orbucks is a nice little benefit of doing a split booking at the same resort.

Good to know. I wouldn't have thought the system would allow that.
It's shocking when the system actually works in our favor, isn't it?

Being able to make immediate use of the earned Orbucks is a nice little benefit of doing a split booking at the same resort.
I also did a split stay at the same resort so I could get around the $150 discount cap per reservation at Orbitz. It's a little bit of a risk that I might have to change rooms, but the savings outweighs the potential inconvenience.

It's shocking when the system actually works in our favor, isn't it?

I also did a split stay at the same resort so I could get around the $150 discount cap per reservation at Orbitz. It's a little bit of a risk that I might have to change rooms, but the savings outweighs the potential inconvenience.

WOW this thread was incrediblyhelpful...and all this info is INCREDIBLY overwhelming. How do you guys do all this changing around and keep up with all of your stuff? I've thought about changing rooms to get the best deals (one from renting points DVC, then an Orbitz room...etc..) but I'm so worried it's going to be too much. Please give me any tips you can! TIA!

This will work, but I would have to be staying for 6 nights or longer for me to consider doing it. But at the end if this year I may just do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter