Oranges/ Orange Juice

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Jenngoofys, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Jenngoofys

Jenngoofys Goofyjenn

My Family and My sisters family will be flying into Orlando and staying at Disney, she wants to have oranges or orange juice shipped home to other family members is there any place she can do this from?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Janet Hill

Janet Hill DIS Veteran

When is she going? The harvest for oranges is typically Nov - April. Anything she purchases down there right now is the same stuff that can be had in any grocery store.

4. Jenngoofys

Jenngoofys Goofyjenn

We are going in 8 days!! I dont know if she wants to order it for later or while we are gone. lol She has many dreams for our trip and Im trying to make them all come true!!

5. BonnieA

BonnieA I don't need no stinkin tag

The Orange Ring on 192 ships fruit. You can't miss the building it is shaped like an orange.

6. Dopey420

Dopey420 DIS Veteran

If you are leaving in 8 days, all the oranges will be from last year's harvest and will not be any better than what you can get at the local grocery. We go in October and sometimes there are some early varieties ripe.

Orange marmalade, candy, etc. will still be available though and those make good gifts. The World's Largest Orange is on HWY 192 in Kissimmee. It has lots of gifts.

7. KodakFigment

KodakFigment Mouseketeer

Most of the local farms and processors are closed for the season right now. I agree that your best bet is one of the large retail / tourist orange stands on 192.

The two local farms we use don't open until late November.

8. swilshire

swilshire DIS Veteran

I was going to say the same thing. Just read the labels on the juice in your local refrigerator case. We bought citrus fruit to bring home when we were there at Christmas. The touristy place was about double the price that we found at our favorite farmers market right off the Interstate near Plant City.

Sheila

9. goodfood4ursoul

goodfood4ursoul DIS Veteran

If you are looking to take a little drive (20 mins)
    and get a really good look at the orange groves,
    I recommend Katros Groves, a privately owned family farm.
    http://www.freshfloridacitrus.com/index.php

We had a wonderful visit there, got to try lots of different seasonal citrus,
    many we had never heard of before, like the incredible Page orange.
    They will ship their ripe citrus anywhere when it is in season.

My mouth is watering just thinking about those Pages.
    :goodvibes