Orange Lake ?

2BigKIdz

Is it still winter!?!?!?!
Is there a new Orange Lake resort or was it just recently purchased by Holiday Inn? A co-worker says she is staying at a new resort but the pictures look like the same place I stayed in 2003. I am just curious as she is under the impression she will be able to walk to the WDW parks from her resort.

Same resort, just rebranded. No way you can walk from there to WDW in a reasonable time. Long distance hikers could do it, but not the rest of us.

Sheila

Heck, no you can't walk easily. :rotfl: It's 3 miles or so from OL to the AK toll Plaza, which is the closest park. Plus, you'd have to walk down Hwy 192 to Black Lake Rd to Sherbeth Rd to Oscelola Parkway, all w/ no sidewalks.

When I stayed there in 2003, they did have shuttles, but they were not free. Don't know about now.

Actually Orange Lake was developed by man who started Holiday Inn chain so really aways sort of in family. Just now has holiday inn name more up front

Straitlover gives great DRIVING directions!!! No, I would never be able to walk it, then walk another 7 miles in the parks and walk home!!! But, we drove that route every morning 2 weeks ago, and you are at the parks in no time! BTW, we LOVE our Orange Lake!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!