orange lake country club

susieeQ

Mouseketeer
We will be staying offsite :( at orange lake country club for the first week and at vistana the second week. Has anyone else stayed at either of these places? We have 2 bedroom units
units at each place. So far, we dont have unit assignments. Any suggestion?

Boy I have become addicted to this site, so much info.... I have been spending hours at the computer but learning alot
Thanks
Susieeq

Oh cool, we stayed at OL in June and will be staying at Vistana this coming June. We usually stay offsite when rates are peak and just returned yesterday from a stay at All Star Sports. You will love OL. It was very nice. Request the Northside Village. It is incredible. You will be away from the main entrance and they have their own pool area called Splash Lagoon that is incredible. Have fun. It's a beautiful place.

Lisa

sticker.gif

I am moving this to Orlando Hotels and Attractions Board where you may check for any further replies.

<font color=red>
Carol</font>

<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - Theme Park Attractions and Strategies Board</font>
<font color=red>Co Moderator - Cruise Board</font>
<font color=blue>Co-Moderator - DVC Board</font>
<font color=red>Cruise and DVC Chat Host</font>

it depends on your check in day ...where they will locate you...

if it is saturday...it will be in the first units built which are one level...

friday ....probably in the high rises at the front

sunday ....maybe in the new sections although i am not sure bout this since we have not done a sunday to sunday yet...

we own two weeks at orange lake...51 and 52
but use them for trades more than going there....

have owned since 1991

we also have DVC ...so use that when we are going to be at disney...

orange lake is one of the nicer resorts as far as we were concerned....and we toured a lot of them before we bought through "resale"

by the way, we liked vistana too but when we bought we wanted something on one level....

alas they now have "multi levels at orange lake too

Thanks for the info, we do have a Sunday checkin
so maybe we will get one of the newer units.
Have a Disney day!!

We have stayed at the Vistana and had a wonderful time - had a 2 bdrm unit and had plenty of room for the 5 kids. Vistana has so much to offer in terms of amenities and their location is so easy to reach - on 535 in Lake Buena Vista. We are staying at OLCC in April - toured the resort 2 yrs ago and loved it also. We will be checking in on Easter Sunday. Have the whole family plus this time and with all that OLCC offers, they will not want for anything. Between the parks and the resort, it should be a complete vacation! Looking forward to our stay. :)

fig2.gif
<font size=2 color = blue><font face = "Book Antiqua"">Imagination can make your dreams come true!</font></font]

I have traded into both Vistana and OLCC for 2BR 2 Ba units.

I forget the day we checked in for Vistana but we got the Courts (oldest section). I was disappointed - but it is very close to the big pool and the Pizza Hut and the clubhouse - Zimmies? Pretty close to Disney also.

We had a Sunday checkin this past December at OLCC and got one of the older Golf Villas - again I was disappointed - but they do have alot of activities. Miniature golf, golf, tennis, free movies in their movie theater, kids crafts, lots of pool activities, bingo, a specialty dinner (around $9.95) and entertainment nightly.

In either case, I have heard if you call ahead ( we did not) and ask nicely - sometimes you get your unit request.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll have a great time whatever unit you get.

I'm staying at Vistana and Orange Lake too. Vistana the first week and Orange Lake the second. Any other tips from anyone who has been there?

We have also stayed at both resorts and enjoyed both of them. We were at Orange Lake while the North Village was still under construction - it looked beautiful! If you call the resort ahead of time, ask if they will send you a copy of their publication Orange Lake Today which will have a resort map, restaurant, ticket and transportation information and an idea of all of the events and activites they provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter