Orange Lake Country Club.

D'smom

Earning My Ears
Which is the best building to stay in? We are RCI members trading our week for a two bedroom villa. Traveling with children age range 5-13 years all that love the pool and mini-golf.

Is there a back roads to take you to disney? How long should we allow ourselves for traveling to Disney?

Leaving on Friday..can't wait.

My advice is simple. If you are looking at the pictures that the resorts has posted on it's website, ask specifically not to be placed in the West village.The pictures you see online are in the newer sections of the resort. We stayed at Orange Lake as an exchange with RCI last year. We were placed in a 2BR in the older West Village. Don't get me wrong. The units were clean and comfortable, maybe a little worn. Just not nearly as nice as those in the East or North villages. (An employee told me that they place the guests that might buy into the resort within the newer units first) It can also be a hike to any of the resort venues from the West Village (the first units that you pass as you enter the complex). They were building a huge water park while we were there that should be open by now. It looks beautiful. If you follow the resort road through the complex you'll find that it leads to the Publix shopping center but the gate closes at 10:00 pm. After 10 you have to exit onto 192 and travel up to the main entrance. The local maps show a back road that leads to the Animal Kingdom area but we couldn't find it. It may be that new ramp off of 192. Hope this helps.

RCI exchangers generally end up in the West

here are my pictures
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spice...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

the west village does not have a master bath - just a regular old bath - combination tub.... nothing special.

not nearly enough swimming pools for me.

I am spoiled - I definitely like to walk to a swimming pool and OL is not designed for that - except for a few building...

we drove over to the north village for the pool.

the pool closer to the west village was always busy - and it is just a pool - nothing special. but even that one would be too far to walk - mother is in her 80's....

We did not use the clubhouse.

hope springs eternal....

there is a posting over on TUG from an exchanger who just got back from OLCC and was "placed" in the new River Island complex. although she did say none of the amenities were open yet, she was impressed she got a BRAND new unit while using an exchange

There are several ways to get to Disney from OLCC. The first is to use 192 until you get to World Drive and follow the exit sign. There are quite a few traffic lights which could slow the drive. Second, you could use the new Western Beltway which cuts through OLCC property. It goes north for a few miles and there is a Disney exit which then cuts southeast until it come out just above the Animal Kingdom. Third, you could use Black Lake Road and then Sherberth. While a little more complicated than the other two methods, it potentially is the quickest route as when you leave OLCC's East Orange Blvd (eastern most exit), you take 192 until the first stoplight (Black Lake Road), take a left at the stoplight, continue on Black Lake Road until you come to a stopsign, take a left at the stopsign (you are now on Sherberth Road), continue on Sherberth Road until you hit a stopsign (you are now on Disney property), take a right. If you wish to go to the Animal Kingdom, get into the left lane as your turn to the parking lot is just a short drive. If you want to go to the other parks or areas, drive straight. You will run into World Drive.

The odds of getting into the West Village is highest. There are 1200 units in the West Village, 282 in the North Village, and around 500 units in the East Village. From these numbers, roughly 60% of the resort's units are in the West Village and this is where there is a greater number of villas that will be available. There is variety in the West Village as the Tennis Villas (right next to the clubhouse) are exactly the same style units in the East and North Village. They are also very close to the hub of activities. Other units are away from the hub of activities leading to a nice quiet vacation but it does mean that you may have to drive or use resort transportation. There are units where the regular bathtubs are whirlpool units but most don't have this feature. OLCC does a major remodeling every 18 years. OLCC has announced it is tearing 200 West Village units down to the studs and will replace everything in the unit. It will be interesting to see if this means that these units will have regular tubs or regular bathtubs with the whirlpool feature.

The resorts theme is built around the country club style. While there have been reports of people fortunate enough to getting into the new River Island villas, OLCC is stating that this section is not officially open until May 19 and is letting people into the villas until then. After May 19, only RI owners will be allowed to exchange into the RI units but in the meantime, exchangers may get lucky enough to get into the new units.

gjw

which part of OLCC is stating

OLCC is stating that this section is not officially open until May 19

does that mean those who "own" RI do not really own there until the 19th???

does that mean "timeshare" salespeople really are not "bending" the truth when they say since they have control of assignments, only owners will ever be enjoying River Island condos? ( this was the big push they used to try and get our friends to buy at the new River Island complex )

lawgs said:
gjw

which part of OLCC is stating

OLCC is stating that this section is not officially open until May 19

does that mean those who "own" RI do not really own there until the 19th???

does that mean "timeshare" salespeople really are not "bending" the truth when they say since they have control of assignments, only owners will ever be enjoying River Island condos? ( this was the big push they used to try and get our friends to buy at the new River Island complex )
Lawgs;

I got an email from an OLCC owner who was more curious than most of us and he called OLCC to find out why there were non-owners put into the River Island area. He was told that they were putting people in there currently but on May 19, owners will start using the villas and the RI owners-only policy will be effect. I put in the word 'officially' but that seems a reasonable word to use if that is when the owners begin to use the units and it is normal operations.

thanks for your reply

looks like OLCC can play around with "policy" as much as they want

smilawgs

Wow, lots of information ..thanks. The reason we traded for a week in OLCC is because we are considering buying a week there. I guess we will be there for a week and check it out.

We stay in the East village in a 2 bedroom and it is very very nice! Very clean and updated! On the OLCC website the layout and furniture is exactly what it looks like! Again very nice and clean.

hi
we stayed at the orange lake in march, I am sad to say it was too big for us, no pool space and you had to drive just about everywhere. I like the smaller resorts and wouldnt go back there. I will say we couldnt fault our room, we were in room 2007 a small bungalow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter