Options when buying through DVC Resale

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Lisa Lynn, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Lisa Lynn

Lisa Lynn Earning My Ears

When buying a DVC Resale, I understand that purchasers cannot use the DVC points on the cruise lines, Adventures by Disney and the Concierge Collection. However, can points be used with either the Passport Collection or at Disney theme parks worldwide?:flower3:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

Points purchased via resale can be used for World Passport collection (currently RCI trades), the DVC resorts and Club Intrawest.

They can not be used at Disney owned non-DVC resorts, so they can not be used at Disney resorts world-wide, only at DVC branded resorts.

4. dan2835

dan2835 Earning My Ears

I understand what most of the limitations are with purchasing a resale. The only thing I am unsure of is would I be able to use my points to stay at the Port Orleans or any other nonDVC hotel?

5. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

No, the non-DVC hotels are part of the Disney Collection of trades, and resale purchasers can not use their points for the Disney Collection.

6. dan2835

dan2835 Earning My Ears

That's what I though but just needed it verified. Thanks for your quick response.

7. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Points are best used at DVC resorts only. You can probably get a better discount for Port Orleans direct from Disney paying cash.

:earsboy: Bill