• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opnions on Medieval Times Dinner Show Please

momto4obkids

DIS Veteran
We think we may want to go to this on our vacation. My kids love this kind of stuff and so does my mother and step-father who will be with us. Just wondering what anyones opinions are on the food and the show. Thanks!!

Amanda

Save your money for something special. This placed sucked. The food was awful, the actors--well...about the worst I've ever seen. They just plodded through their lines. It was the most horrible thing I've ever witnessed. It was so bad we left before desert.

We'll never do it (or anything LIKE it) again.

Hello momto4obkids-
We did Medieval Times on our last trip. We had a great time. The show was very entertaining. First they entertain you with horses and horsemanship then they get into the dueling, the kids loved it. The food was good to me and DH. The kids did not really go for it at all (but they are picky) btw, NO SILVERWARE. You must eat with your hands.(it's a mood thing) It's not cheap. Our Party of 4 cost just over 100.00. If anyone in your party has a birthday in the month you go, they can get in for free. We were first ones there @ 6:30pm for an 8:00pm show. We paid extra for first row seating, otherwise it's first come first serve. Once inside it has the flavor of a well oiled tourist trap. You will spend money while you wait to go in to the show. I'm not saying it's bad, we spent another 75.00 on gifts and extras. Just understand that they are trying extremely hard to get you to buy things. It's a good evening out and you'll enjoy the memories. I'm glad we went , but too costly a night to do very often.

We went at Spring Break 2001. In our opinion, the horsemanship was excellent, the show was somewhat corny but entertaining, and the food was tasty but not the low-fat fare we usually eat. At that time they weren't checking to see if anyone had silverware on their person...

We totally enjoyed the show and had a great evening out. We did not succumb to the souvenir sales at all....we found coupons in a local circular and used them for our admission and just ate the dinner that was served to us. Unlike most everyone else, we never spend another dime. It was fun and would do it again.

my ten year old son loved it and wants to go again. The food was so so. It was entertaining. You get a certain knight for your section and ours won. If you go don't fall for the "preferred viewing for the extra money". We did. If you pay I believe $5 more a person you are guaranteed to be in the first three rows. They don't tell you however that there is only five rows. Just about every seat is good. Just a note that I did do the Pirate Dinner and I found that one more entertaining and a lot more audience participation.

I like Medieval Times a lot. Great horsemanship and the riders really do put their all into it.

One word of warning, however: The sound system is loud, Loud, LOUD!!!

we have went 4 times starting when my son was 1 and a half and loved it too,the food is tasty even if you have to eat with your hands and it was a good show .the only problem we ever had was it is a long show and they spread the food into courses so make sure you have a light snack befor you go and make sure to go early,we are always the first peaple in so that we have our pick of seating and we have NEVER had to pay for the first row we just say front row center and thats what we get. go and have fun....

You might try calling the wal-mart vacations office inside the wal-mart in Kissimmee we went in 1998 and got discount tickets from wal-mart

WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVE ALWAYS LOVED IT. THE KIDS LIKE IT BETTER THAN ANY OF THE OTHER DINNER SHOWS WE HAVE BEEN TO. BEEN GOING SINCE 1989 AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A BAD SHOW OR GOT BAD FOOD. TICKETMANIA.COM HAD SOME GREAT PRICES ECENTLY FOR THEM. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!

momto4, I have a coupon from the entertainment 2002 book for one free adult with purchase of one other adult ticket. We aren't going to be using it, so if you would like it, feel free to email me your snail mail address and I will send it to you. It is good until November 1st, 2002.

The tickets are a bit costly, but it includes a 2 hour show and your dinner. If you go, the only other money that you have to spend once you buy your ticket is the tip for your server at the end of the night. ($5 per person is considered a decent tip). The servers make regular server pay and work only for their tips...most people don't realize this!!!

Have a great time!

I went to a seminar in Orlando some 11 years ago. The seminar providers set up an evening at "Midevil Times" at no cost to the seminar participants (becasue we were already paying for the seminar)... Anyway .. I just thought the whole thing was so stupid .. Not my "cup" of tea.. Mediocre food.. uncomfortable "movie" theatre seating and rather blaze' showmanship.... From the moment you go through the door .. you don some dumb hat and get your picture taken with some young girl only to be given the option to buy it back afterward. You get to cheer (Golly Gee!!) for your team and really ... who cares? ... if it weren't for the "beverages" .. and getting pretty blitzed .. the experience would have been pretty substandard. Am I saying that I have to get drunk to have a good time??? Not usually .. but at this place it helped a great deal

We went to the Medieval Times website and printed off coupons for $5.00 off per person. The show was okay and the food good, but I would not do it again. My 10 year old loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter