Opinions please!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by krohloff08, Feb 22, 2013.

1. krohloff08

krohloff08 Mouseketeer

I know that this year has been out or whack at Disney in terms of crowds but I am looking for input on a couple weeks in the past. We are looking at going in November. Either the 9 - 16 or 16 - 23.

The 9 - 16 may work better for work reasons but I am worried about the marathon going on with Food and Wine and Veterns Day during the week.

Anyone go over the marathon and Veterns Day before? How did it effect the crowds?

Thanks in advance!

2. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Are either of those dates around Thanksgiving weekend? I would steer CLEAR of that weekend, it's a crowded mess over the holiday and I wouldn't advise it haha (being Canadian I'm not sure when the US thanksgiving dates are)

3. CapnJacksGirl

CapnJacksGirl Mom to two little scalliwags!

My neighbors went last year over Veterans Day weekend. They were first timers, touring the parks for four days with my touring plan for them firmly in hand! They had a great time and said the crowds were completely manageable. I had been concerned about how crowded it would be for them, but they said it was fine. The rest of the week after Veterans Day should be considerably lighter, though my neighbors were gone by then last year and can't really speak to that.

Of course, given a choice, I'd choose not to go that weekend if possible since the weeks before and after Veterans Day and the weeks before and after Thanksgiving are much better. Of your possibilities, I'd definitely do the second week. Thanksgiving doesn't fall until the 28th this year, so you should be there for a great week!

Good luck with your planning!!