Opinions Please: Port or WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by marathonmommy, Jul 19, 2006.

1. marathonmommy

marathonmommy DIS Veteran

I am leaving PC for a Decmember 24 cruise. Flying into Orlando on 12/22. We own at DVC, so I was going to use my points for the two nights - but doing so on weekends is very expensive point wise. I might be better off getting the DVC discount at a resort instead. Don't plan on doing any of the parks for the two days we are there - maybe just DTD - so that is not a factor. Question - is there a nice enough hotel/resort (3-4 or more stars) that is right near the port? Is there enough to do for a 6 and 2 year old? Due to their ages, not sure how much they would get out of the space center, but could try it for a day. Or am I better off staying at WDW and using their transportation?

Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2angelsinheaven

2angelsinheaven Loves making dreams come true!

We have lots to do here in the Cape area, if you need ideas I can help you out. Also it all depends on when you want to get onboard, Disney buses come in after boarding closer to 1-2pm. Either way have a wonderful time and goodluck!

4. marathonmommy

marathonmommy DIS Veteran

What time is the earliest you can board? I would like to get on as early as possible! Thanks so much for your help!

5. skibum

skibum DIS Veteran

The terminal doors at the port open at 10:00, and the stated boarding time is noon, but they seem to start letting people on a little earlier.
    We have had good luck with the Radisson in Cape Canaveral (Resort at the Port). They have a nice swimming pool, clean rooms, and a free shuttle to the Port.

6. Float My Boat

Float My Boat There's having a pulse, then there's being alive.

We just stay at one of the Disney Value resorts. We will be at Pop Century this year for $79/night. We figure there are as many amenities for kids there as most of the 4 star hotels anywhere else. Since we drive down there, it's easier for us to stay away from PC though.