• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions please--Carousel Inn or Camelot Inn?

Karebear

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

DH and I are taking the kiddos on their first Disneyland trip in early Dec. :cool1: My son is 4 and my daughter will turn 3 on the trip. We wanted a suite (since our kids go to bed early) and close to Disney so that we could take a nap break if we need it. Both Carousel Inn and Camelot Inn fit the bill for what I am looking for. I don't need fancy--just clean and hopefully, quiet. Has anyone stayed at either of these 2? Any advice/opinions are welcome. Thanks!

I have never stayed @ the Carousel but have heard great things about it.... The reason I have never stayed is because it is always full when we try and reserve :eek: Book now if you think you are interested in Staying there!

I think the Carousel Inn is a better choice, too, but only because they have a really nice breakfast room that overlooks the Disneyland Resort.

Both places have pretty decent rooms.

We had a very good stay at the Carousel, very accommodating staff, good sized rooms, good breakfast. Only negative is the pool which was small. Camelot is right next door, I have heard good things about that property as well as its sister hotel Tropicanna which is on the other side of Carousel (closer to crosswalk). We have stayed at the Tropicanna, the rooms were a little smaller, the fridge and microwave also a little smaller but a much better pool and hottub. The breakfast was superior at the Carousel as was the breakfast room all in all we preferred the Carousel but I don't think you can go wrong with all three. I would go for the best rate....

I can only speak for Camelot. We stayed there in Feb and it was a good clean room and fairly quiet in our upstairs room (except one night when they were doing work ALL NIGHT on the McDonalds next door!) :mad:

Don't stay here if the continental breakfast is important to you though. It is pretty minimal and so-so quality.

Judging by all the posts I've read here, it seems that most of the hotels on Harbor near the crosswalk are comparable.

Out motto is: the closer to the cross walk, the better! :thumbsup2

I stayed at the Camelot in August and I was glad that I stayed there. I would stay there again.

It isn't fancy, but I thought it was very clean, and I've stayed at plenty of hotels over the years. I haven't stayed at any other nearby hotels, but the room size was good and there was plenty of space to store things. Decent closet space.

The bathrooms were very clean. The sink and vanity mirror are outside the bathroom. Some people like that arrangement and find it convenient. There were plenty of bathroom towels.

The swimming pool is on the fourth floor, and it always had plenty of towels. My children liked the swimming pool and the hot tub.

The front desk was friendly and helpful.

The continental breakfast was limited, but the quality of the food that they did have was good. I liked that they had whole milk, pretty good orange juice, fresh apples, fresh bananas, muffins, etc. The generic corn flakes and cheerios were okay. I thought their coffee was pretty good, but I'm a gourmand so what do I know. Also, you can ask for a tray, and it was perfectly O.K. to carry food back to your room. That would be convenient for your children.

Parking at the Camelot was good. They provide you with a parking pass, and there were no problems.

I think the Camelot had three washers and three dryers for laundry. The cost per load was $3.75.

The room had a small refrigerator and a small microwave oven.

The only negatives that I can think of: 1) the Camelot tends to cost more than the nearby hotels, 2) they don't provide any internet, and 3) the coffee that they provide with their small coffee makers was awful.

The Camelot would be a fine choice. It's not fancy, but it's a good, clean hotel, and it's just a five to seven minute walk to the Main Gate.

Gosh, I don't remember the Camelot having a hot tub. Does it really?!

I have stayed at both resorts, 1 year apart, and for me it would be a toss up. I'd probably stay wherever was cheaper.

Both have small pools, both have continental breakfast, both had similar accomodations. I'd stay at either place again.

If one is significantly cheaper than the other, take it. Otherwise, take the carousel. It's marginally closer.

IMO none of those hotels between the Camelot and BWAI on S. Harbor over there are enough better than the others as to warrant paying significantly more for. As to how much money is significant, I leave that up to you. If price were the same, I'd probably go BWPPI, Carousel, or Tropicana.

Stayed at the Camelot in 05 (Park Inn back then). Not bad. The 4th floor pool is great for watching the Fireworks. Of course the fact that we were 2 doors from the pool didn't hurt either.(soak the tooties w/a cold one after an 8hr drive):woohoo:
Tried the 'free' breakfast the first day,pfft. But then again,most hotels 'free' breakfasts aint nothin to write home about.;)
We'll try them again next May.:thumbsup2

brenda1966 wrote: "Gosh, I don't remember the Camelot having a hot tub. Does it really?!"

Yes, it does. :) According to the Camelot Inn web-site: "Terrace Level Pool and Sun Deck with Jacuzzi."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter