Opinions Please: Art of Animation or Polynesian

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Shannon525, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Shannon525

Shannon525 Earning My Ears

I need opinions and advice!!

We went to Disney last year and stayed at Art of Animation cars suite and we LOVED it!! We are trying to decided this time around whether to stay there again or upgrade to Polynesian or Contemporary with a theme park view room.

Here is my situation. I will be 6 months pregnant this trip traveling with by hubby and our 2 young girls (4 and 2), staying 12/31-1/7. We loved having a suite (especially at nap time) but the buses with a double stroller were a pain and I imagine this will be more difficult 6 months pregnant. So the main reason we are thinking about upgrading would be to have easy access to the parks via monorail and of course all the perks of being in a deluxe resort but we would be giving up the comfort of a suite. So I am torn.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated. And I have a few questions.

1. What is more worth it with small kids, a suite or the monorail?

2. Will the kids love Poly or Contem. like they did AoA (which it really geared towards kids)?

3. Are the theme park view rooms worth it?

4. Which would you choose Polynesian or Contemporary if we decide deluxe?

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Next year there will be major construction going on at the Polynesian. I'd go with the Contemporary. The deluxe hotels are very nice, and the service there is top notch. I've stayed at the CR, BC, YC and AKL and all were nice hotels. I prefer the BC the best out of all of them. Any of them is a good choice, though AKL is all bus transportation. None of the deluxes are going to have the major kid appeal that the AoA has. I wouldn't sweat that, though, kids will love any of the hotels.

My family stayed in a Cars suite last year and we loved that too. The experiences are different. I felt that AoA definitely had some advantages. Having two bathrooms and the separate space for the kids was fantastic. We all loved the Big Blue pool as well as the Cozy Cone pool. We also don't really care for the buses, so we rented a car. Having a car was a huge improvement over the bus and made things a lot easier. We stayed at the BC this year, and we absolutely loved it. We really, really missed the second bathroom and extra space of the AoA. Depending on how pregnant you'll be, that second bathroom might really swing things toward AoA.

4. kmb584

kmb584 DIS Veteran

5. Shannon525

Shannon525 Earning My Ears

KMB: I am quite intrigued by the thought of renting dvc points. Can you point me to a website where I can look into that?

6. mommy2twocuties

mommy2twocuties Earning My Ears

How long was the drive in a car from the AOA? We are booked at the Polynesian but I am worried about all the construction in June......