Opinions on the Contemporary?

ksc37

DIS Veteran
Hi, we're planning a mid-November trip to WDW. Our 4 1/2 year old son has expressed a strong desire to go to the "Toy Story Hotel" (aka the All-Star Movies). I, on the other hand, have been spoiled by the location of the MK resorts.

So, to compromise, we're thinking of splitting our stay. 2 or 3 nights at the ASMo (requesting the Toy Story section, of course), followed by possibly 4 nights at the Contemporary.

I've been to the Contemporary, but it was 20 years ago and I had the good fortune to stay in a 14th floor suite. Unfortunately, I don't think that staying in a 14th floor suite is in the budget :rolleyes:, so I wanted to get opinions:

Tower vs. a Water View Wing room? (we have two young boys, including a two year old who needs to nap)

How are the Grounds and Pool? (I admit that I may have been spoiled by last year's trip to the Poly)

Are there other things to love and/or hate about this resort??

Thanks for all opinions!

We enjoy the Contemporary..but only if we are attending at MK event so that we can just walk over. Walking is definately faster than taking the monorail.

The rooms are large. Great arcade. Pool is fine, nothing special, it has a very nice slide to enjoy. Hot tubs are always packed.

Honestly..you could be very happy spending all your time at the all stars. Bus service is very convenient.

If you stay at ASMo try to prepare your child for not getting Toy Story. We stayed there a few months ago and unfortunately my daughter was really excited about staying in that section, but it didn't happen. All they could give us was Love Bug which was actually our last choice.

We've stayed in the CR in the north garden wing several times and foound it to be very quiet, relaxing and comfortable. The convenience to the MK can't be beat. The rooms are huge. If you can stay there, do it.

We really love CR!!! It took several trys to convince my family to stay there but when we did, they fell in love with the place. We stayed in the North Wing, ground floor, looking out on Bay Lake, right next to the playground. It was really terrific. I know the Tower is considered to be the 'only' place to stay in, but we loved our room...even with the hurricane!!

Hi,

We've stayed in both wings over the years and we all LOVE it.

The rooms are HUGE and we always go for a ground floor / water view so that the kids can come and go as they please to the beach / pool area.

Location is everything with a short stroll to MK and brilliant views of EWP and Kiss Goodnight.

Bonzo--I love Little Britain!

We stayed at the Contemporary last year in a tower room and loved it. I thought that the best part was the walk to/from the Magic Kingdom.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter