Opinions on our dining reservations!!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by hooch11bear, Jun 21, 2013.

1. hooch11bear

hooch11bear Mouseketeer

We have been back and forth with our reservations this trip. We are trying some new locations and are really disappointed that California Grill will not be open!!! I know that we have a lot of ADR's, but this something that we really look forward to doing while in WDW.

Arrival Day:
    11:45 Captain's Grille
    5:30 Raglan Road

July 29: Epcot
    11:30 San Angel Inn
    5:30 Le Cellier (one of our favorites)

July 30: Animal Kingdom
    Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue (have never eaten here)
    7:30 Il Mulino

July 31: Magic Kingdom
    Lunch at BOG
    5:30 The Plaza (have never eaten here-open for suggestions for any other restaurants)

August 1: Typhoon Lagoon
    7:30 Kona
    6:10 Narcoossee's

August 2: 1/2 day at HS
    12:05 Mama Melrose (ate here once years ago)
    6:15 Artist Point

August 3: Epcot
    Lunch in WS
    6:00 Flying Fish

August 4: Resort/DTD day
    11:30 Sanaa (never eaten here before)
    7:20 Citrico's (never eaten here before)

August 5: Animal Kingdom
    12:00 Yak & Yeti
    7:30 Jiko

August 6: Blizzard Beach
    7:00 Bluezoo

August 7: Epcot
    12:00 Les Chefs de France
    6:00 Le Cellier

August 8: Resort/DTD day
    11:30 Raglan Road
    7:00 Fulton's

August 9: HS
    (Not sure about lunch) Any suggestions?
    5:30 Brown Derby-Fantasmic Package

August 10: Magic Kingdom
    12:35 Grand Floridian Cafe
    7:00 BOG

August 11: Departure Day
    8:00 Boma
    12:45 Via Napoli (may change reservation to a little later time)

So that is what we have come up with this year. If you have any recommendations for any of the restaurants that we are trying that are new, I would definitely appreciate it. My DH is pretty excited to try Sanaa. Not sure about eating at The Plaza, but nothing else really interests us at MK.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Looks like a lot of really good places.

Two suggestions...

August 10, I would consider Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. I like the Colony Salad (on the light side) and then the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. You won't have to leave the park either.

August 11, I would move VN back a good amount. Boma is a buffet, so you'll leave stuffed! I'd budget about 60-75 minutes for th emeal, so you should be finished around 9:30 am. I would put at least four hours between then and your next meal. I love VN and there are so many good things to eat. So I wouldn't want to be too full to try lots of items.

4. hooch11bear

hooch11bear Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestions.We have never eaten at LTT either. We might have to consider changing our reservations.

5. shortnsassy730

shortnsassy730 Mouseketeer

Hi,

We are big on dining too. You will love Sanaa and Citricos. They are fantastic. As for the Plaza, we love it!!! It's so basic and so simple yet so good and the atmosphere is nice. And to be honest, after all the heavier meals throughout the week, it's kind of nice to stop and have a strawberry chicken salad or club sandwich lol.

Have a Great Trip!

6. belle912

belle912 Mouseketeer

For your HS lunch I would try 50's Prime Time or the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. Both have good food and are lots of fun! We love them both and try to get to each of them every trip.

You will love Flame Tree Barbeque!! Soooooo good! It is our new must have QS!

7. karenklo

karenklo DIS Veteran

Glad to see Jiko on the list! It is our favorite place to eat at WDW!! We will overlap you by acouple of days so see you in the world!:cool1:

8. 3CW

3CW Keep Moving Forward

Flame Tree is great! It's my favorite QS in AK and second favorite across all the parks (1st being Tangierine Cafe in Epcot)

Sanaa is also fantastic. I've tried to replicate their Butter Chicken a couple of times at home, and gotten decent/edible results, but nothing as good as what we had there!