Opinion needed - Fantasy/Dream Cat5c vs. Cat5a

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by wideeyedwonder, Oct 3, 2012.

1. wideeyedwonder

wideeyedwonder DIS Veteran

Hi, I'd like some opinions on the Fantasy/Dream Cat5c cabins vs. the Cat5a cabins.

Currently we are booked aboard the Fantasy for a summer 2013 sailing. There are 5 of us; on Magic/Wonder we have always gotten one 5-person stateroom, but for this sailing, we decided to try 2 "linked" 4-person staterooms (ahhh, space and privacy!)

As far as I know, the only real differences between a F/D Cat5c and Cat5a is the location (which deck, etc.)

Does anyone have a preference for the 5a, because of location, noise, ???

On the Wonder, we always loved getting a cabin on deck 7 aft, as we loved being within "striking distance" of BBB from our cabin (one set of stairs). We had a ritual of working out in the wee hours of the morning, then getting food for the still sleeping kids at BBB, then quickly return to BBB for our "adult's only" breakfast on the fantail, watching dolphins cavorting off the stern...good times, good times... :goodvibes:cloud9:

2. jeffl

jeffl Mouseketeer

The difference between the 5A and 5C is the cost and deck. 5A is on decks 9 and 10 and 5C is on deck 7. I have not stayed in a 5A, but have stayed in 5Cs on the Dream as well well as the Magic and Wonder.

Besides the cost savings of a 5C, we like the centralized location of being 3-4 floors from the action down on 3&4 or up on decks 11-13. Noise (other than some elevator lobby noise on one trip) has not been an issue.