Operation Classy Living: GFLO Oct 2012 UPDATED 2/20 & Trip Video! COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by xoSamma, Oct 22, 2012.

1. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great updates! Those pics they took on BTMRR are so great. :goodvibes And LOVE the Buzz Lightyear T-shirt, that is pure awesomeness.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

Thank You!
    I need to get a buzz shirt in my collection of Disney clothing! ​

4. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

Food & Wine Festival!​

After our tour of California it was time for the 5 of us to head off to the food and wine festival. We started at Mexico and made our way around the showcase. It was probably one of the hottest days on our trip, which always happens when I try to walk to world showcase. In the mexico pavilion I grabbed myself a perry which turned into a great fan!

We went to my favorite pavilion Norway or what I like to call it Norvayyyy! We decided to grab some Maelstrom fps because it was quite busy. We then made our way to China were Brittany got some lunch. Alas once again I forgot to take a food picture. While she was eating I was taking some artsy photos

[​IMG]

We also made a game plan, I knew I was going to try at least one thing offered at F&W. Alicia told me I should try the steak at Africa, she loved it when she came with her roommates and she doesn’t even like steak!

After Britt finished we were on our way to Africa! I used one snack credit for my steak and mashed sweet potatoes. Sooo good!

[​IMG]

While I ate we checked out the 30th anniversary pavilion shirts. I wanted all of them!
    Since we are all wimps we decided to head back to Norway and call it a day.

[​IMG]

Off to Maelstrom! I was forced to look at the eye, I mean I just can’t look away!!!
    After we arrived back safely we unloaded the boat and noticed that the show was actually going to be showing. This was not on our things to do so we quickly ran across the back to the exit before the shut the door. After we made it out, me and Brittany both shared the same thought about cute all the Norwegian cast members were!

I finally bought my NORVAY shirt! Which was such a good purchase because the material is so nice and comfy I love it.

[​IMG]

We decided to leave the world showcase and head over to Mouse Gears because I needed to purchase some things for my family. Overall I found something for everyone except my mother…of course!

Once we all purchased our merchandise we were off to catch a monorail back to the GFLO.

After our YOLO trip in May these 3 became best friends

[​IMG]

Once we made it back to the resort we decided we had some time to swim before we had to get ready for dinner. The one thing that makes me sad about the pool was the fact that the beach area was blocked off for construction of the new DVC building.

We spent a good 20-30 minutes in the pool then it was time to get ready for our long night ahead of us.

Alicia and Andy were eating at the rainforest this night because there reservations were all messed up after her audition and they had to change things around. They took a bus to Animal Kingdom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like Andy made a new friend

[​IMG]

There overall experience here was not good. Alicia told me how the food wasn’t good and she was disappointed that this was their last dinner of the trip.

While they were going to their dinner, the 3 of us were heading to ours. We were eating at my favorite resort on property and one of my favorite places to eat at ever! So I was pretty excited to eat here.

5. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

Off To Dinner We Go​

While I waited for my friends to get ready I decided to wait for them on the couch in the main foyer. Oh hey Brittany!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon Chelsea and Brittany were ready, lets go eat! Brittany made me stop to take a photo of my toy story get up. From this photo you may be able to see that I love toy story.

[​IMG]

Then we were off to catch a monorail to take us to the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]

Our last night in Disney, lets make it a good one!

[​IMG]

Brittany decided to take photos of the Gflo while we still were able to call it home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we waited for a monorail Brittany once again decided to take over the job as the photographer.

[​IMG]

Um excuse me but I am tweeting a secret message!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best friends!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

our highway in the Sky came to take us to the Magic Kingdom, to bad we weren’t going there just yet.

[​IMG]

And that’s when our monorail stopped for a good 10 minutes, no big not like we have a dinner to get to.

[​IMG]

Soon we started back on track and pulled into the monorail station at the Magic Kingdom. On our way down the ramp our excitement grew into sadness.
    Its your last day in Disney how are you feeling?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why hello Magic Kingdom you are looking beautiful tonight, I shall see you later tonight! I’ve got to go get me some grub to keep me energized for the long night ahead of us.

[​IMG]

With in seconds we were at the boat dock…which way are we going to go?

[​IMG]

Like I said earlier we were eating at my favorite resort on Disney property! Wilderness Lodge

[​IMG]

While waiting for a boat to take us over there was a family who were in front of us. They seemed to be new to the whole dining thing because they were freaking out about missing their dinner reservations. The wife told her husband to call the restaurant that they might be 5 minutes late. 5 Minutes is acceptable, we’ve been late to a lot of our meals this trip.
    [​IMG]

We waited probably 5-10 minutes for a boat to arrive. Brittany snapped a picture before we headed out to the front, because lets be real sitting outside is the best choice on the boats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon we were off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next thing you know we were arriving at the most beautiful lodge on Disney property!

6. BarbieTourGuide

BarbieTourGuide Fabulous Disney Lover ♥

Hi! I just finished catching up on this trip report and it is amazing! Now I can't wait for my trip this year! :)
    By the way, I absolutely love your TOMS! TOMS are some of my favorite shoes and Disney themed makes them even better!

7. khertz

I had to :lmao: at your Toy Story outfit!! So cute!

Isn't it so hard to get off the monorail at MK and not go inside?! It's like there's some kind of magnetic pull coming from there. But, gotta have sustenance first before attacking the park! :thumbsup2

8. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

Thank you so much, it really means a lot that you enjoyed it! When are you going?!
    Thank you, thank you. My sister first got a pair of Disney toms but after the price she paid for them I opted for painting my own in hopes that they didn't turn out horrible. ​

What can I say I'm a Toy Story FREAK! :lmao:
    Not going to Magic Kingdom is always sad when you're that close. The music and the atmosphere just draws you in. It was a good thing that I was hungry! ​

9. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

What Is This?!​

We arrived to the Wilderness lodge dock, I was so excited to be back. First we took in the beautiful of this place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking in all the beauty made me hungry, so in we went….to whispering canyons we go!

[​IMG]

I can’t even handle all the beauty!

[​IMG]

I think I love it so much because it is my peoples (native American) place! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

I checked us in and got a buzzer, we sat and waited in the lobby. Right when we sat down our buzzer when off, time to eat!

Now before I do my review I knew a couple weeks before we left that they changed their menu. I was not a fan of them changing it since I loved the steak but I decided to try it out since Brittany was looking forward to the skillet.

I have also been talking about this meal non stop, and how fun the restaurant is. I told Brittany about the hokey pokey, pony races, “we need ketchup” and all that jazz.

We were seated in the middle of the room, our waitress was nice and explained the whole menu

[​IMG]

As we waited I was singing a nice little song to my friends for entertainment. While in the middle of my song one table screamed we need ketchup. (it was caught on film and can be seen in the trip video)

First we started with drinks, we all got milkshakes. I was really sad to see that they didn’t have the cotton candy anymore. I was obsessed with that milkshake! It was so good. Since they didn’t have that I ended up going with the strawberry. It was good just not the cotton candy.

[​IMG]

Brittany got chocolate and Chelsea got the carmel

[​IMG]

Next came out some corn bread, you can just pass me that whole loaf because I have an obsession with corn bread. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

[​IMG]

During this dinner you get to choose 3 main meats that you want to start off with along with corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and beans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The food was ok but I missed my steak!!!
    After we got filled up with our meal it was time for dessert. There are 3 choices of dessert, you can have one or all three, it comes in a “family” size serving all you care to eat. We went with the cake and cobbler.

[​IMG]

This was the saddest dessert I have ever seen in my life! One slice of cake for 3 people to share, is that even real? Now I know we could have asked for more but the service here was horrible! It took forever for our food and then for our dessert I didn’t want to have to wait even longer for another slice of cake. So we finished our meal and used our last table service credit.

Overall I was very disappointed with this meal. I LOVED this place so much but I think that they should go back to the skillet and the other choices. Like I stated throughout this post, I loved the steak, cotton candy milkshake and the apple pie. I probably won’t be coming back for a long time, which makes me so sad because I love love love this resort…

So after a sad meal we walked back to the boat dock to head to the MK. There was a family behind us in line asking us if we were ready for a long night at the magic kingdom. It was like the dad could read our mind. MK till 3am here we come!!!!

10. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

And All Our Wishes Will Come True

Once we reached the Magic Kingdom it was time to fight the crowds. Most people on Main Street were getting settled for Wishes, our mission was to make our way to the walkway that leads to main street to the tomorrowland walkway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took some weaving through people but we finally made it. I sat down because we had some time and I tried to spread out to save room for Alicia and friends. I texted Alicia to come meet us at our usual spot and to hurry because I wasn’t sure how long I could hold these spots.

[​IMG]

As we waited I decided to take some castle shots because you can never have even of them!

[​IMG]

Alicia, Andy, Keirsten and Primo arrived just in time

[​IMG]

When stars are born, they possess a gift or two.
    One of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true.

[​IMG]

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives :sad:

[​IMG]

After crying, it was time to hit up some rides and have the night of our lives. Magic Kingdom till 3 AM!!!!!
    So because we all know the horrible crowds wishes bring we created a human chain and made out way over to tomorrowland. There we grabbed fastpasses for later that night. From there we walked over to Storybook Circus and got in line to ride a flying elephant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here at dumbo they now hand out chips, with these you hand them to the CM went you go on the ride.

[​IMG]

Primo and Keirsten didn’t make it on with us, so they had to wait till the next round of people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I must say I’m a big fan of the water, its so pretty at night!

[​IMG]

Our flight was nice and relaxing, just enjoying our view.
    Next it was Keirsten & Primo’s turn, as they were loading onto their dumbos we were just hanging out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their dumbo flight was cut short because somebody thought it would be a good idea to lift their child up like simba when they were flying. No that is NOT ALLOWED! So the cast members went around to every person and gave them a chip to ride again. Keirsten and Primo passed it up and we moved to the barnstormer.

[​IMG]

We waited a good amount of time in line, Chelsea ended up getting out of line to call her mom? She never came back either, I don’t really know why.
    It was time to get go on a 5 second ride with the 5 min long walk through the exit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

Pumpkin spice Ghirardelli? How was that? I have never seen that.

12. RachelNinja

RachelNinja Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life

Oh no! The last full day? How sad! I still love the idea of staying at a monorail resort and just going to MK and Epcot and all the other connecting resorts for meals! Stinks that you didn't have as good a time at Whispering Canyon. I always wanted to try that place but only with a bigger group of people.

13. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

It was actually really good! I'm normally not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things.​

I loved staying on the monorail loop, it really spoils a person. I enjoyed not having to wake up super early to check a bus early to make it to rope drop on time.
    I wish they would change the menu back to the old one, I would go back every trip. It would definitely be fun to go with a big group of people. I love the atmosphere! ​

14. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

3AM...Can We Make It?​

The 2 second ride was excellent, we walked the maze of an exit and found Chelsea waiting for us at the end of it playing on her phone. Ryan (Alicia’s friend from school & dcp) met up with us.

Look at all the NU students…

[​IMG]

Later on in the night we would be running into 2 more NU students.
    Our big group traveled over to the haunted mansion. With a big group no one had to ride alone which was nice, because who would ever want to ride haunted mansion by themselves? During this time I got to tell Ryan how sad I was that Lilo wasn’t in fantasmic the night I went. He apologized.

[​IMG]

As we excited the haunted mansion we ran into Jess (DisneyFreak508) and Miranda (the other 2 NU students) So the 7 college friends said their hellos and then we went our own way.

We headed to frontierland to ride Splash mountain, then we walked back to space to use our fastpasses.

After our ride through space we all decided to get a little snack. We all split up in every which way and decided to meet back up on main street. Brittany Chelsea and I headed to Adventureland to get a dole whip, when we were waiting in line Chelsea decided that she wasn’t a fan of pineapple and that she was going to go back to Main Street to get a mickey bar.

[​IMG]

Me and Brittany enjoyed our dole whips on the walk back to Main Street. We met up with Alicia and Andy who went to a vender and got some popcorn, Keirsten Primo and Ryan went to Casey’s corner. Chelsea was MIA but we soon saw her walking towards us. We then all found some tables right outside of the ice cream parlor.

After everyone finished Keirsten, Primo and Ryan decided to call it a night. The rest of us made a game plan. Some of the group wanted to leave soon, WHAT?! The Magic Kingdom is open till 3 am we can’t go back to the room yet!

So we decided to take a nice stroll through the castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took a spin on the carousel, since Alicia made a comment about how she wanted a picture on it from the mnsshp night but that never happened.

[​IMG]

lets try to contain our excitement!

[​IMG]

We then walked all the way to frontierland for one last ride on Big Thunder, then walked all the way over for our last ride of the night Space Mountain!!!

To infinity and Beyond!!!

[​IMG]

We then took a nice stoll back to Main Street where we browsed the shops, I still didn’t finish getting things for my family, I was on a misson. Of course what I was looking for was not in stock or even there. Just my luck.

We decided to say goodbye to the magic kingdom, tomorrow we were going home. Since it was maybe 2:15am the monorails were down for the night so we had to take a boat back to the Gflo. Let me tell you it took forever! We we arrived the boat was just leaving. So we took a seat on the bench, then more and more people showed up. Finally the boat arrived and our group was the first to run in line because we had been waiting the longest, there was a cute family next to us who told everyone that we were there first and that they were next!

I let my eyes have a little rest on our way back to the Gflo, soon we arrived and were had to make the long trek back to the room. We got back to the room a little after 2:30, we packed up all our bags and hit the hay.

15. khertz

Sorry your meal at WCC was such a disappointment! I am so resistant to change, I would be so upset if I went to a meal I had loved in the past and been looking forward to only to find it so different. And one slice of cake for you to all share is a little more than ridiculous!!

I love MK at night! Everything seems so different in the dark and in the middle of the night. Never ridden Dumbo at night, so we might have to try that. I bet it gives a whole new perspective! And note to self, do NOT lift up Paxton like Simba while riding, that's apparently a no-no. :lmao: I swear, some people have no sense!!! I have my arm locked tight around him to make sure he doesn't make any sudden moves and fall out the elephant!

16. RachelNinja

I love your pose on Space Mountain especially with your Buzz hoodie! Awesome!

17. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

It was such a sad meal, I understand sometimes you need change but I was not a fan of this change.
    There is just something about the MK at night. It has to be that it starts to die down and those music loops in the background. I just love it! Dumbo is beautiful at night. But really why would you ever lift your kid up in the air? Why would you ever think that would be a good idea. ​

Thank You! It was definitely one of the better poses I ever did :rotfl:

18. xoSamma

xoSamma Mouseketeer

Now It's Time to Say Goodbye to All Our Company​

We woke up on our last day in Disney, our last morning waking up at the Gflo. We finished up packing up our stuff and went down to the fron to send our luggage to the airport. While we were in line a bellhop came over to take our carry ons so we all put out stuff on there. Brittany and I got in the line to send off our luggage. It was our turn and Brittany’s luggage was to heavy…so we opened up our suitcases and crammed some into mine. Then our luggage was on their way back home.

Chelsea was taking a different flight home so she waited in line to get her boarding pass, which then she had to get her suitcase from the bellhop. I’m not to sure why she actually but her luggage on the cart when we were getting in our luggage checked through. Al I knew is it took FOREVER for her, I don’t know what the hold up was.

The 4 of us waiting were getting crabby because we didn’t have very long till we had to leave and we were planning on going to DTD for a couple hours. After the whole luggage hassle we ran to the bus stop and we waited, thank god for that TV with the times! As we waited a CM was going around surveying people about what they liked and disliked of the new TV with bus times….um I LOVED IT!

A DTD bus arrived and we had about 1 hour to shop & hang out.
    First stop world of Disney, still had to finishing getting souvenirs for my family and by that I had Ma & Gma left.

I ended up picking up a Tshirt for Gramma that matches my blue pull over so we can be matching all the time! And then I didn’t find what I was looking for, for Ma. The last thing I was looking for was the Halloween shirt, and of course there were none.

Since there was no Halloween shirts, my eyes landed on this beauty which I never got…

[​IMG]
    Before leaving I snapped a picture of my future place of employment (One of my Disney dream jobs)

[​IMG]

After the horrible WoD experience we went over to Earls to grab lunch for the airport. There at Earls I got a total of 7 sandwiches Yes 7! 2 were for me (one for lunch and one for dinner) and then my family wanted me to bring them home a sandwich :rotfl:

One of two bags

[​IMG]

We were soon running out of time so we ran over to Goofys to use up our snacks.

[​IMG]

Can someone please tell me how someone goes about eating one of these?

[​IMG]

We left an hour for transportation because the DTD buses always take forever. It was a good thing we did because our bus back to the Gflo was a good 30-40 minute ride.

Once we arrived Chelsea ran up to the gift shop because they had the Halloween Shirts there. We said goodbye to Chelsea and she was off to check onto her magical express bus.

Brittany and me took a pit stop at the restrooms, which might I add are real fancy!
    (this picture doesn’t even capture it)

[​IMG]

There we went up to the gift shop to get us the shirts. When we arrived they didn’t have our size, cool! So we never got our Halloween shirt….
    We browsed all the shops because we had a good half hour till the magical express came to pick us up. That’s when Brittany found the most perfect shirt ever!

[​IMG]

It was like $35 so we didn’t purchase it.
    But I do own it now in pink because Alicia found it at cast connections for $7!!!

Anyways, Brittany walked over to the pool to use up her last quick service credit where she got some type of sandwich and a cupcake which I don’t think lasted the plan ride back home.

Alicia and Andy arrived back from DTD and we got our carry ons from the bellhop. When we were getting ready to leave we saw a limo pull up and a wedding party arriving. Once again…Can I please get married in Disney World?!

We said our goodbyes and talked about when we would visit Alicia next. We came up with a trip during winter break and that we should look for cheap flights. Our bus came, we got on, and we were then pulling away from the Gflo….

On our way to the airport Brittany ate her sandwich as I cried.

[​IMG]

The bus ride back was uneventful, when we arrived to the airport we browsed the disney store in hopes for Halloween shirts…nope. We then went through security and found our gate. As we waited we worked on homework, and I ate my holiday earl sandwich.
    Brittany took a picture of all the passes we collected on this trip

[​IMG]

They started boarding & we noticed that Jess (DisneyFreak508) was also on our flight home. We were flying JetBlue home so I was excited about tv and blue chips. Unfortunately my headphone jack wasn’t working all I could hear was the audience laughing really loud. We landed, got our bags and went home back to reality….back to school the next morning…

Overall this trip was something I will never forget. The Gflo, MNSSHP, and the happy and crabby moments. SEE YA REAL SOON!!!!

On the last day of the trip there was talk about a Disney trip over winter break, yes it really did happen you can find that trip report here : Acca-Believe it...You're in Disney!

19. RachelNinja

Don't quite know how someone eats those fancy apples, but the "plain" ones that have just the caramel and chocolate on them are divine! I love them because I feel like I get some fruit with my sugar fix.

Yum to EoS! When my cousins and I took Amtrak to Florida, we each picked up 2 sandwiches to take on the 20+ hour ride back. Much better than any super expensive food we could've purchased on the train itself. I just wish it wasn't such a hassle to make it all the way to DTD just to pick up sandwiches for the ride home! My DH and I did the same during our Christmas trip for the plane.

If I worked at Disney and had access to Cast Connections, I don't think I'd ever have any money left from my paycheck!

20. khertz

Sorry your last morning didn't go quite as smoothly as planned. I did get a kick out of you buying SEVEN EoS sandwiches though!! :rotfl2: That's hilarious.

I have never understood how to eat those intricate candy apples either? They are really pretty and photogenic though. :thumbsup2

This was such a great & fun TR! I really enjoyed reading along, and of course, I'm loving your current one as well, so I don't have to feel too sad about this one coming to an end. :goodvibes