Openings at 'Ohana?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by GovieMom, Jan 17, 2014.

1. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

I've been trying every day for weeks to get a dinner ADR at 'Ohana for our trip the last week of February. Who knew it would be booked solid at that time of year, geesh. Just wondering if anyone has ever had luck snagging an ADR there, close to their trip. I've seen ADR slots pop up for other popular restaurants, but so far none for 'Ohana. Is it THAT popular??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. daannzzz

daannzzz OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled

I have not had the issue but yes 'Ohana is that popular. But over the years on the DIS I have read of people snagging one toward the last minute. Just keep trying.

4. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

Thanks; I will keep trying, as that's all I can do. I did notice they had openings at 9:30 or later, but I want a dinner ADR, not a bedtime one.;)

5. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Yes, 'Ohana is one of the most popular restaurants in DW, but cancellations will come up because of the credit card guarantee. You just have to be lucky enough to be online checking when a cancellation re-enters the system. Keep checking multiple times a day.

6. Brittmarie04

Brittmarie04 Mouseketeer

We go to disney tomorrow I go a reservation for ohana about 2 weeks ago. So keep checking:)

7. Lizard Valley

Lizard Valley Mouseketeer

I've been trying for Feb 28th since the first week of October, so 5 months out. Wow.

So it's not just you!

8. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

Last time I was looking for a hard to get ressie, a CM told me that a lot of people cancel 24 to 48 hours before, especially with the new credit card policy. Good luck! pixiedust: We are trying it for the first time ourselves early February and I have co-workers whose eyes roll back into their heads whenever Ohana is mentioned. Bread pudding looks fantastic!

9. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

Thanks for that tip. And the bread pudding is the main reason we want to go there.:thumbsup2

10. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

I cannot recall the last time we booked anything 180 days out. I doubt we ever have honestly, yet we have eaten at ohana almost every time for dinner and this last visit we did both breakfast and dinner.

Just keep trying several times a day and I would bet you'll get lucky as long as you can be a little flexible on time. good luck!

11. StirlingSilver83

StirlingSilver83 DIS Veteran

I am OCD about planning lol...we are going end of March first week in April and I have already made all my ADRs. The only place I wasn't able to get into was be our guest :( I was trying everyday but I just gave up lol. I was able to get every other place (even ohana) so I am happy with that lol. I made all the ADRs on January 1st

12. stormtracker

stormtracker Mouseketeer

We leave for our trip tomorrow and had a hard time getting Ohana. A week out I started finding them and ended up with three until I decided on the night we wanted! Don't give up!

13. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

I've booked within a couple weeks at 'Ohana at busy times (August and March). Granted, my dinner was at 9:30 and 9:50, but still, I got in.

I booked dinner for Monday night 180 days out and got a 5:15 slot, which is preferable in my opinion.

14. Eliza'sMom

Eliza'sMom Mouseketeer

We got one the same day when we were there in October during free dining. We had been planning to park hop, but decided we would rather eat outside a park. I refreshed the app a few times while we decided where to go and it popped up. We then canceled our ADR for several days later, so somebody got that. So there is hope!

15. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

So while you had 3 the OP and many others could get none .:furious:

16. njpyro

njpyro Disney Addict

:thanks:

17. brobrosmom

brobrosmom DIS Veteran

We leave in about 3 weeks....a week ago I checked and found some Ohana times. I would definitely keep checking!

18. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

Oh I definitely will, thanks. And how great for you!:thumbsup2

19. gocubsgo

gocubsgo Earning My Ears

On one if our trips we were staying at Poly and I was disappointed that we weren't able to get ohana readies prior to our arrival. On a whim while there I asked one of the concierges about openings at Ohana and we we able to get one for that night! Keep trying you never know!

20. IUHoosiers

IUHoosiers Mouseketeer

We are leaving in the morning for our trip. Two days ago, I finally found an 'Ohana ADR for Tuesday night. I do think it is more likely to find something the closer you get, but I would keep checking every day. There is hope! :thumbsup2

21. farmermom

farmermom Earning My Ears

We just got back yesterday. On Wednesday, we were going to do date night with my sister and her husband off-site, but decided to try Ohana's. We didn't find any openings that morning, but I did get an ADR around noon for 7:00. We were seated ~7:20 and it was fantastic! We were able to see Wishes and part of the electrical water parade (or whatever its called)!