** OPENING DAY PRICING 2016 Pt 2 April - Aug/Sept : Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Well, does anyone have a decent TA? I just had a unhelpful and rude agent at Dreams Unlimited (Krisity). No way I'd give them my business now! Seriously not handling the volume of DCL reservations well.
Sending you a PM. :)

Confirmation email from my TA at 6:51 this morning...

8/1/16 - 12-might Med
2A Category 10B (Deluxe Inside Stateroom)
$3816/$3816, taxes $362.16
Total $7994.16
No OBB/no insurance/ no air

My dream itinerary. So excited!! :)

Booked on day of opening 3.25.15 for 3 adults on Disney Magic cat 6A for both sailings
EBTA 5.15.16 total $6563 OBB discount applied
British Isles 6.5.16 total $14,270 , $5,940 pp x2, and 3rd $1,800. Port/ taxes $590

Booked 3/26

July 16 Fantasy Eastern
9B 1A 2C (11,8) 2218/2218/1329 Fees. 277
Total 6042 w/OBB no trsf/ins

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Kristie, however please remember how insanely busy these TAs are. She is my TA and she has been nothing short of pleasant to work with, and has even responded in an immediate manner these last 2 days (which I didn't expect!) I did receive an automated msg from her (about 15min prior to her actually responding) saying to please be patient as she tries to help everybody book and her response time may be slower as a result. I don't think it's fair to publicly blast a TA (who depends on word of mouth/repeat business) on the busiest booking day of the year :-/

Fair enough FirstTimeCruiser, If she is so insanely busy that she has to tell me to patient while she helps others first... I don't think she is that dependant on word of mouth from a small thread on Disboards. This is the automatically generated message you referred to:

"Today is the first day of the Summer 2016 Disney Cruise Line release. Please be patient as I try my best to get everyone exactly what they want. I will be booking cruises all morning and then sending out quotes as soon as everyone is booked. My responses may be delayed the rest of this week."

So, to be fair, I did get a one line followup email the following day with single prices for two cruises. It had no confirmation of what Catagory and no details about the on board credits, just short and curt. When I ask follow ups I got a quick response with tone and attitude, and still not enough information. I was happy to be patient, but not 'the rest of the week', lol, nor did I have the patience for a game of cat and mouse to get questions answered. I just went online myself. It's good you've had a good experience with her, clearly you've built a relationship which has benefited you. It was not what I experienced and since DU travel agency is mentioned in this post multiple times as being so great, I felt it was appropriate to say what I did, which was far from 'blasting'. My goal was to imply that with regards to DU ... maybe it depends on who you get, and then ask for referrals to a specific person. That's the way it works in the travel industry.

Fair enough FirstTimeCruiser, If she is so insanely busy that she has to tell me to patient while she helps others first... I don't think she is that dependant on word of mouth from a small thread on Disboards. This is the automatically generated message you referred to:

"Today is the first day of the Summer 2016 Disney Cruise Line release. Please be patient as I try my best to get everyone exactly what they want. I will be booking cruises all morning and then sending out quotes as soon as everyone is booked. My responses may be delayed the rest of this week."

So, to be fair, I did get a one line followup email the following day with single prices for two cruises. It had no confirmation of what Catagory and no details about the on board credits, just short and curt. When I ask follow ups I got a quick response with tone and attitude, and still not enough information. I was happy to be patient, but not 'the rest of the week', lol, nor did I have the patience for a game of cat and mouse to get questions answered. I just went online myself. It's good you've had a good experience with her, clearly you've built a relationship which has benefited you. It was not what I experienced and since DU travel agency is mentioned in this post multiple times as being so great, I felt it was appropriate to say what I did, which was far from 'blasting'. My goal was to imply that with regards to DU ... maybe it depends on who you get, and then ask for referrals to a specific person. That's the way it works in the travel industry.

What exactly were you expecting from this TA? Release days are very hectic and TAs are very busy. As a first time cruiser, what details did you provide to the TA so that she could get you pricing info? It sounds as if your expectations are too high with regards to service level. As for attitude and tone, those are very tough to derive from email. What more were you expecting from this TA?

Booked 3/26

Aug 15, 2016 7 night Alaska

5C: 2A, 2K (6, 4) - total $8158 (with OBB, no ins)

7A: 2A - total $5553 (with OBB, no ins)

Also got quote for Aug 8, same itin
5C: 2A, 2K (6,4) - total $9065 (with OBB, no ins)

What exactly were you expecting from this TA? Release days are very hectic and TAs are very busy. As a first time cruiser, what details did you provide to the TA so that she could get you pricing info? It sounds as if your expectations are too high with regards to service level. As for attitude and tone, those are very tough to derive from email. What more were you expecting from this TA?

Geez.... What I was expecting was DETAIL from the TA, not having to prove my reason to grumble with details on a forum. But OK, I think I said I knew it was hectic.

BTW, I am not a first time cruiser, it was the user FirstTimeCruise was the one who told me I should not 'bash' a TA. I've cruised other lines as well. I'm a seasoned traveler and am considering getting into the travel industry myself, so I KNOW word of mouth is powerful, both positive and negative. I'm also quick to compliment, I just haven't had the opportunity to do that yet as I'm new to the forum. Isn't the point a forum to share experiences?

But, to answer your question. I expected Details. I provided cruise, dates, CAT5A, 2A, ask for three cruise quotes. Yes, you are right, tone and attitude are extremely hard to derive from email, hence the need to be extremely careful in your communications. If I had to guess, there are some hidden TA's out there who were annoyed by my post. Thing to remember is that none of us NEED to use a TA, we choose to do so and if I'm going to put someone between me and DCL then they need to add value that I don't have to chase. I'm not anti TA at all, I simply wanted a different referral - is that OK with ya'll?

I thin

I think your experience was a unique one with DU. My TA Beth is a very busy TA and she was very responsive and courteous. She also did not send out that same automated response so that should only be reflective of the TA and not the entire agency. I do understand that she represents the agency, but they all do not operate in the same manner. My agent had very thorough responses and handled all of my changes well. She had me booked in no time.

Wonder-7 day Alaska
August 15, 2016
Booked 3/26/15

2A1C Category 7A 2919/2919/1190 taxes 449.07, total: 7477.07
2A1C Category 11A (these 2 rooms are across from each other on Deck 7) 1526/1526/1120 taxes/fees/port:449.07 total: 4621.07

No OBB/no insurance/no air/no ground transport

My TA emailed me 9ish as I initially was only going to put 2 adults in 7A and 4 in 11A room, but she figured out the inside stateroom I was interested in only accommodated 3, so we made the switch of 1 child in each room. She emailed me around noon that it was confirmed by DCL, and I received my "official quote" email from DU at 6:30 pm.

Geez.... What I was expecting was DETAIL from the TA, not having to prove my reason to grumble with details on a forum. But OK, I think I said I knew it was hectic.

BTW, I am not a first time cruiser, it was the user FirstTimeCruise was the one who told me I should not 'bash' a TA. I've cruised other lines as well. I'm a seasoned traveler and am considering getting into the travel industry myself, so I KNOW word of mouth is powerful, both positive and negative. I'm also quick to compliment, I just haven't had the opportunity to do that yet as I'm new to the forum. Isn't the point a forum to share experiences?

But, to answer your question. I expected Details. I provided cruise, dates, CAT5A, 2A, ask for three cruise quotes. Yes, you are right, tone and attitude are extremely hard to derive from email, hence the need to be extremely careful in your communications. If I had to guess, there are some hidden TA's out there who were annoyed by my post. Thing to remember is that none of us NEED to use a TA, we choose to do so and if I'm going to put someone between me and DCL then they need to add value that I don't have to chase. I'm not anti TA at all, I simply wanted a different referral - is that OK with ya'll?

I still believe that your expectation for release date service was unrealistic. Your comment alluded that you would not use DU, period. The TAs were busy gathering quotes for numerous people, some established customers, others new. What is troubling is that you posted the TA's name and complained about lack of service and didn't consider that the TA might have had more bookings to handle than just your request. Perhaps you have called DCL directly and experienced the long hold times that the TAs experience? Also not sure why you need to shout out words in your response, :sad2:.

5/30/16 Wonder 7-day Alaska
9C 2A 1C (age 8) [1575/1575/1040] Taxes 449.07 total 4649.07 no OBB/no ins/no trsfr
10C 2A 1C (age 3) [1291.50/1291.50/945] Taxes 449.07 total 3977.07 OBB/no ins/no trsfr

I still believe that your expectation for release date service was unrealistic. Your comment alluded that you would not use DU, period. The TAs were busy gathering quotes for numerous people, some established customers, others new. What is troubling is that you posted the TA's name and complained about lack of service and didn't consider that the TA might have had more bookings to handle than just your request. Perhaps you have called DCL directly and experienced the long hold times that the TAs experience? Also not sure why you need to shout out words in your response, :sad2:.

People can read what I've written and think for themselves. I was attempting to explain to you and others reading this, my frustration on opening day. You ask valid questions that I wanted to address. This is one persons post out of how many positive experiences at DU. I didn't think this forum was just for rainbows and butterflies postings. If it's that upsetting to you, then report my post if I have broken some rule, don't just continue to scold me. I think it's foolish to book something any day without knowing the details of what you are paying for, and I fail to see how that is somehow too much of an expectation on opening day. I realize I am one of thousands trying to book, but this isn't rocket science, it's pricing. But, if you think those are high expectations then we simply disagree. You are clearly mad for the reasons you have stated multiple times and want to make your point over a TA and different expectations. You should be happier now having scolded me with a frowny face. I think this conversation topic should end.

People can read what I've written and think for themselves. I was attempting to explain to you and others reading this, my frustration on opening day. You ask valid questions that I wanted to address. This is one persons post out of how many positive experiences at DU. I didn't think this forum was just for rainbows and butterflies postings. If it's that upsetting to you, then report my post if I have broken some rule, don't just continue to scold me. I think it's foolish to book something any day without knowing the details of what you are paying for, and I fail to see how that is somehow too much of an expectation on opening day. I realize I am one of thousands trying to book, but this isn't rocket science, it's pricing. But, if you think those are high expectations then we simply disagree. You are clearly mad for the reasons you have stated multiple times and want to make your point over a TA and different expectations. You should be happier now having scolded me with a frowny face. I think this conversation topic should end.

Sorry, I haven't scolded anyone and not sure why you believe I am mad. I fail to see why you insist upon complaining that your expectations were not met. That is what I have read in you your posts about TAs on different threads today. Nobody is saying you can't express a differing opinion and I don't believe that it is wrong to post opposition to that opinion. As for rocket science, perhaps you should cut the TA some slack for expecting a higher level of service than you received on an extremely high volume request day. Everybody has good and bad days, not everybody has his/her name posted on the internet associated with a complaint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter