Oops... Question About Changing Stateroom Type.

bellaDisneydncr

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

My family of 5 is booked on the Dream for the May 22, 2011 sailing in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Category 04C). It's my college graduation gift and we're very excited, but our personal travel agent (aka- Me...) made a mistake. I did not read at first that the convertible sofa is only a single bed- and we're 5 adults. Obviously 3 of us don't want to squish into that queen size bed, so we are going to have to upgrade to a Concierge stateroom (that has a double convertible sofa).

My question is- Is it better to upgrade now, or wait and see if the price drops? I think we should upgrade now so that we know we have the space we need, but I don't want to make my family pay more if we can get it for a little less closer to the date of the cruise.

What's your advice? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance everyone!

EDIT: We got it all sorted out. Thanks everyone!

I see two options for you to consider

1. Upgrade to the Concerige room (would do it sooner than later since concerige anything tend to sell out and you probaly won't see a lower fare anyway for it)

2. Get connecting staterooms, drop down to deluxe ocenview staterooms with verandah (not the family ones). I recommend this option, since the it will actually give you alot more room, two showers, two toiliets, 4 sinks and double the storage. One room would be really small for 5 adults.

I did a quick price out and you can get to 5E verandah staterooms for cheaper than 1 concerige family stateroom.

You won't have to have three people sleep in the big bed. In a cat 4 there is the main bed, the sofa, the bunk that comes from the ceiling and the murphy bed that folds out of the wall. DCL only counts on two people sleeping in the bigger bed so there is a bed for each of the other people they let you book in the room.

I must be missing something. How do they think you are supposed to sleep 5?

The bunks on the Magic and WOnder are safe for up to 220 pounds and will hold many adults (they are the size of a twin bed). The 5 person rooms on the Magic have the murphy type bed, the convertible sofa, the bunk, and the big bed.

I do agree that you will be more comfortable and have more room in 2 cabins of a lower grade than in one 5 person cabin--you will almost double the storage space, and will double the TVs, bathrooms, etc. Much better when guests are of an appropriate age to do this.

Hey everyone!

My family of 5 is booked on the Dream for the May 22, 2011 sailing in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (Category 04C). It's my college graduation gift and we're very excited, but our personal travel agent (aka- Me...) made a mistake. I did not read at first that the convertible sofa is only a single bed- and we're 5 adults. Obviously 3 of us don't want to squish into that queen size bed, so we are going to have to upgrade to a Concierge stateroom (that has a double convertible sofa).

My question is- Is it better to upgrade now, or wait and see if the price drops? I think we should upgrade now so that we know we have the space we need, but I don't want to make my family pay more if we can get it for a little less closer to the date of the cruise.

What's your advice? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance everyone!

No need to worry or change staterooms.....the 4c's on the Dream hold either 4 or 5 people. DCL would not have booked you into a cabin that only holds 4.....you are most certainly booked into a cabin that will hold 5 without having 3 in the queen bed.

According to the DCL website you will have the queen bed, a single convertible sofa and a pull down bed.....so 3 people have their own beds and 2 people will be in the queen.

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
A Disney Cruise Line Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah aboard the Disney Fantasy is a richly appointed and spacious accommodation tailored for families of 4 to 5, featuring an elegant maritime motif in contemporary Art Deco style and more square footage—with larger windows to the outside world—than you would find in a standard stateroom.

Relax in private quarters fitted with warm wood finishes, custom fabrics and carpeting, original artwork, crown moldings, genuine teak accents and a private verandah for magnificent views of the sea.

Specifications
Sleeps: 4 to 5
Size: 299 sq. ft. including verandah
Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) and upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with round tub and shower
View: Private verandah
Room Design
A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah features the pleasant comforts of home, with a designated area to watch TV and movies on a comfortable couch or settle down for an evening of quality family time—there's even a desk. When the day is done, retire to plush beds for restful nights on the high seas. The seating and sleeping areas can be separated with a heavy privacy curtain.

Enjoy the convenience of a split bath, complete with a luxurious round tub with shower, and separate sinks that allow for multiple people to use the space at the same time. The full bathroom includes a vanity, sink and full tub/shower, while the half bath has a vanity, sink and toilet. Both luxurious and practical, all these staterooms have round tubs with a built-in seat, a rain-style shower and a hand-held showerhead — perfect for bathing children.

The Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah is classified as Categories 4A - 4D located Midship of Decks 6 - 10 as follows:
Category 4A: Decks 10, 9
Category 4B: Deck 8
Category 4C: Deck 7
Category 4D: Deck 6
Amenities
Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses
Frette 100% Egyptian cotton linens
Premium bath towels
22" LCD flat screen TV on swivel arm with remote control
iPod Docking Station
Full-length mirror
Ample closet space
Refrigerator
In-room safe
Hair dryer
Phone with voice-mail messaging
Individual climate control
Couch
Desk
Chair
Privacy curtain
Verandah
The Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah showcases spectacular sea vistas from the private balcony, which features patio furniture, plexiglass or solid whitewall railing and child locks for safety. Airy and private, this sanctuary is where you can watch the sunrise, bask in sweet breezes and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening nightcap.

More Space
A well-planned interior design allows Guests to stretch out in comfort, affording a feeling of spaciousness. To maximize space, the wooden bed frames are elevated to provide storage under the beds for suitcases and other large items. The leather-upholstered ottoman features an inside compartment for even more out-of-the-way storage, and attractive yet functional cabinetry decorate the living area. Well-positioned wall shelving takes the place of night stands.

H20 Plus Spa, Bath and Shower Products
In addition to our regular upgraded amenities and premium offerings, all Disney Cruise Line Guests will find luxurious H20 Plus spa, bath and shower products stocked in every bathroom. Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Marine Collagen Conditioner and Hydrating Body Butter let you absorb the enriching benefits of the ocean while sailing on the high seas.

Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy images are artist renderings; actual construction may vary.

MJ

I now see the pull down bed and that there would be 5. I always jump the gun and worry before I calm down and read all the details. Haha

I'll have to talk it over with everyone, but all these options are fantastic. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter